The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#77963 - 12/04/05 07:54 PM Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
We have been talking about Christmas, Carols, Trees, Politically correct this and that, Prescription drugs, Taking Baths, Not sleeping and the Dreaded Temporary Insanity called Menopause. I posted here under spiritual inspiration because I feel that's where it needs to be, espeially this time of year.

Yesterday,because of all our topics, I decided I wanted to get into the real spirit of Christmas, one that I felt as a child and one that I felt as a Mother raising my children. I wanted to hear Christmas carols.

I picked up a tape at W Mart(they have cd also) called Christmas Serenity - George Carlaw. I lit the aroma candles(cinnamon), poured my bubble bath and put in the tape. I listened to the 'instrumental' Christmas Carols and r e l a x e d. Then I began singing some of them. I went back to good times and bad, weeping one minute and smiling the next. I can't wait to hear it again tonight. I didn't mind weeping, it was a cleansing of my mind while cleansing my body. I can handle that. It took me to far away Christmas's long ago to present day. It was Amazing...like a journey...I felt almost hypnotic or meditation state(?)Could be the sleeping pills, LOL.
Dotsie, I know you take a bath every night. Hearing this instrumental Carol Assortment is good for the mind, heart and soul. Give it a whirl and tell me what you think. Weeping is optional [Wink]

chick

It includes: White Christmas,The First Noel, Silent Night(I wept), Away in a manger(I went to Bethlehem for a visit here) Oh Holy Night, Oh Come All ye Faithful.
SIde Two: Canon, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear, The Holly And The Ivy, Grant Us Peace, What Child Is This, Ave Maria. I am doing side 2 tonight.
I implore all of you to do this. It is a wonderful way to get in the Christmas Spirit and feel less stress.
Boy I'm long winded today [Big Grin]
chick

#77964 - 12/05/05 08:00 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sounds wonderful Chick!

#77965 - 12/04/05 10:55 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
chick sounds like you've found a very special, peaceful way to get some quiet time and absorb the Christmas spirit (soak it in, perhaps [Wink] ) - sounds great and thanks for sharing it.

#77966 - 12/05/05 03:09 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wonderful idea to go with my every evening, lavender fragrant soak in my garden tub....I feel all warm already... [Smile]

#77967 - 12/06/05 04:46 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
ladybug Offline

Chick, I need to check out that CD. I've got quite a few but you can never have too many Christmas CD's.

This peace you are feeling probably comes from the all-around good feelings you are experiencing as of late with your new committments.

We all need to learn to relax and give ourselves peace. This can come in many ways. When my children were small at St. Peter school I volunteered for a lot of things. This can be especially stressful at Christmas with everything else a person has to do. So maybe for once let another parent do it. Learn to say no and recognize when you are starting to bubble over with anxiety and stress. Don't let it control you. Enjoy the Christmas season or whatever holiday you do celebrate. Remember, just say no.

#77968 - 12/09/05 01:50 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I need to do that,not because of so much to do (DH and I will be alone as always),but to help me remember the Christmas' past. To try to relive what it used to be.

I'll find some old tapes and play them. DH will be watching TV as usual, but I can do it in our big bathtub!!

Thanks!!

#77969 - 12/09/05 05:06 AM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Di also burn a candle of cinnamon and apple or some other Christmas fragrance to put you in the mood. Smells can be strong memory enhancers...

#77970 - 12/09/05 06:13 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I intend to do this one night before Christmas. Maybe Christmas Eve after chruch and Santa's arrival... Thanks for the peaceful idea.

My little note in the car has been such a blessing. It says, "Peace on earth. Good will toward men." Then I added, "Jesus is the reason for the season" because my pin that siad that broke. This little note reminder has brought so much joy to my life, and hopefully the lives of others.

Share the joy!

#77971 - 12/09/05 06:18 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Does anyone have a tradition they would like to share? Something that you do every single year at Christmas time? It doesn't have to be a "traditional" tradition...(did I just say that?) Like mine for instance is that I ALWAYS make a cheeseball on Christmas eve. Don't ask me why, just do. I can't even remember how it got started... but the kids all know that this is the very last thing I do every single year before I go to bed and wait on Santa. I also ALWAYS made them sit in front of the tree and sing carols.

As they got older I used rope. What? Hey, sometimes they need persuading...

JJ

#77972 - 12/09/05 06:20 PM Re: Christmas - Bursting Bubbles and making new ones
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

oh and p.s.

Since the kids have moved out, I put on my Elvis Christmas CD and sing along with him. He doesn't seem to mind.

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved