The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#195278 - 12/07/09 07:57 AM What a Great Idea!
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
NO NURSING HOME FOR US!!!

No nursing home for us. We are checking into the Holiday Inn!
With the average cost for a nursing home care costing $188.00 per day, there is a better way when we get old and feeble.

We have already checked on reservations at the Holiday Inn. For a combined long term stay discount and senior discount, it's $49.23 per night. That leaves $138.77 a day for: Breakfast, lunch and dinner in any restaurant we want, or room service, laundry, gratuities and special TV movies. Plus, they provide a spa, swimming pool, a workout room, a lounge and washer-dryer, etc .... Most have free toothpaste and razors, and all have free shampoo and soap.

$5 worth of tips a day will have the entire staff scrambling to help you. They treat you like a customer, not a patient. There is a city bus stop out front, and seniors ride free.. The handicap bus will also pick you up (if you fake a decent limp).

To meet other nice people, call a church bus on Sundays.

For a change of scenery, take the airport shuttle bus and eat at one of the nice restaurants there.. While you're at the airport, fly somewhere. Otherwise, the cash keeps building up.

It takes months to get into decent nursing homes. Holiday Inn will take your reservation today. And you are not stuck in one place forever, you can move from Inn to Inn , or even from city to city. Want to see Hawaii ? They have a Holiday Inn there too.
T V broken? Light bulbs need changing? Need a mattress replaced? No problem. They fix everything, and apologize for the inconvenience.

The Inn has a night security person and daily room service. The maid checks to see if you are ok. If not, they will call the undertaker or an ambulance. If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

And no worries about visits from family. They will always be glad to find you, and probably check in for a few days mini-vacation.
The grand kids can use the pool.
What more can you ask for?

So, when we reach that golden age,
we'll face it with a grin.
Just forward all our email to:

ITS NOT THE YEARS IN YOUR LIFE THAT COUNT,
ITS THE LIFE IN YOUR YEARS

#195281 - 12/07/09 11:45 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We know where Edelwiess will be. What location will you choose? Or can we move around?

#195285 - 12/07/09 12:22 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have always dreamed that each of my friends will buy a house, condo in different parts of the world. Then we just rotate. If we need help, we hire a young stud or pretty female, depending on preferences, to do the dirty work.

If life gets to where I would rather die, I will begin to stock pile my medications and go out like Maude, in "Harold and Maude." Anyone remember that cult hit of the early 70's?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#195296 - 12/07/09 01:20 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Funny you should mention this because it's always been a dream of mine to buy an old Victorian-style home with plenty of bedrooms and have boomers move in together and help pay for the place...but each of us take care of one another. Since women live longer, usually, it could be filled with single women and we could share "dooties." Now if we had Chatty living there as a cook, would we have it made or what?

I would gladly share "yard chores" with someone and I don't mind washing dishes, either. Love to, as a matter of fact. But someone else would have to clean the bathrooms. Ewww...

#195304 - 12/07/09 02:27 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sounds like the Golden Girls 2 me! I've a friend who believes
in doing this exact thing, i.e. living together with other
female her age and sharing the expenses. Love the idea. The
Holiday Inn is a wonderful idea there Edelweiss3!

#195319 - 12/07/09 03:19 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'll do the laundry, and will help JJ do the dishes. I don't mind doing them either, as long as I have soemone to chat with while cleaning up.

#195398 - 12/08/09 11:38 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is me jumping for joy... YES, I would be thrilled to live in a setting like that JJ, and would gladly be the cook.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195401 - 12/08/09 04:39 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The only problem is WHERE to have the home, and who buys it. Ya'll let me know when to move in, k?

ps---I don't do the beach. Skin cancer and all that....plus I sweat. No thanks.

#195414 - 12/08/09 06:14 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Everyone pitches in, but where? Hmmm, I'd say the beach, but that isn't going to fly with the queen.

#195451 - 12/08/09 09:48 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
It's not my idea. It was sent to me. On the other hand, I see how my mother needs nursing around the clock...so I guess it's only good to a certain point.

Our neighbours were on a cruise. The lady who shared the dining room table with them was quite a hoot. She was going on 90, and the cruise ship was her nursing home. (close your eyes, JJ...this isn't for you.) ...she said it's perfect. There is a doc on board, she gets room service. etc. She's been living on the ship for several years.

Just another idea for all the millionaire ladies here. heh heh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved