The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#193117 - 11/03/09 02:39 PM Dr. Oz...!
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Don't watch daytime TV much but yesterday just happened to
see Dr. Oz! 1 segment was about looking 10 years younger.
There was a list of 5 things we should consume regularly: baby aspirin, green tea, water, broccoli, some kind of milk, I think it was silk or something. He said eat a hefty amount of walnuts. Walnuts have cancer fighting properties. He had fans doing scavenger hunts. Well, WB and I already do most of this stuff. Geocaching is scavenger hunting. I've mentioned some of these items before but thought it's worth repeating, if you didn't see his show.

#193197 - 11/04/09 03:05 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You made my day, as I sit here with a cup of Trader Joe's decaf, hot, green tea.

If anyone is looking for good decaf green, I highly recommend Trader Joe's. It's one of my new discoveries.

#193206 - 11/04/09 04:17 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Traders Joe's? Sounds good. I forgot to mention that mult-vitamins were in Dr. Oz's daily suggestions, too. A long, long
time ago, I heard somewhere, green tea was good for the colon.

#193214 - 11/04/09 04:37 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
We don't have Trader Joe's here in the deep South...but we do have Whole Foods and I'm guessing they carry bout the same thing. My grocery store of choice is Publix...I love that place.

I take lots of supplements and vitamins, thanks to the guidance of our wise member, Gregory Anne Cox, and I can honestly say I've never felt better. Losing 38 pounds has helped, but I have more energy, too and received that immediately upon starting a vit/supplement regiment. And that was before I lost the weight.

I have found I prefer Black Chai Tea instead of the green tea and the results are the same. I will also add that I sleep more soundly, and wake up more rested since I started drinking this tea. I prefer the Stash brand...but that's just my preference.

#193274 - 11/04/09 11:06 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good to hear JJ, wow, 38 pounds.

Stash tea is a preferred brand with so many flavors to choose from and well they are well regulated for quality.

Here in Vegas we have about anything you could want. As far as Whole Foods is concerned, I recently stopped shopping all other stores but theirs. I LOVE their food, especially knowing that in Whole Foods, Organic means Organic. I have never found a better selection of fresh vegetables anywhere. Trader Joes is my second choice for some items.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193307 - 11/05/09 01:28 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JJ, 38 pounds? That's fantastic. How long has it taken you to do so? I know you've been busy walking too so it sounds like you're doing it the right way, and it will stay off.

chatty, my son loves Whole Foods. We have one, but it's a bit off my beaten path. I'm going to have to try it.

Speaking of organic products - Super Fresh had their organic boneless chicken buy one get one free. I was taking dinner to Dad's the other night so I gave it a try. All I did was bake it, but everyone commented on how good the chicken was. Isn't that wild? I bought it because it was on sale and forgot it was organic until they all metioned how tender it was. Must be something to it.

#193326 - 11/05/09 02:44 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Congratulations jawjaw! 38 pounds? That is awesome.

#193360 - 11/06/09 02:32 AM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Every year I spend a little more and buy a FREE RANGE turkey, no triptofan to make everyone feel drugged after dinner and the taste is not even close to being comparible, the meat is actually sweet (poor bird) but I kid you not...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193433 - 11/07/09 12:05 AM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Thanks for sharing, Jabber. I keep forgetting about Walnuts.

I do the green tea, water and vitamins. I have never noticed a difference when taking vitamins or not but I do it anyway. I didn't notica a difference when I started the green tea, either. What's up with that?

38 pounds, JJ? You can write a book now that you're an expert.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#193503 - 11/08/09 06:15 PM Re: Dr. Oz...! [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

A humor book about losing weight. There you go JJ. Get cracking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved