The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#185416 - 06/29/09 01:22 AM Ebay selling
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Does anyone know what things are actually selling on Ebay??

#185428 - 06/29/09 06:56 AM Re: Ebay selling [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Second hand children's clothes and toys.

We just sold a used carpet and a ceilieng lamp.

I think used stuff sells better than new. People are looking for bargains on Ebay. I will buy over ebay if I can't find the item in any stores here. I just bought a white lounge chair for our terrace. I went to about 6 different garden stores, no luck; but found it on Ebay. You can get good deals, but you can get ripped off. I would never buy jewlery or watches there.

You might have luck with your soaps, Di. But they should be a bargain price,...and the price should include shipping. Good luck!

#185435 - 06/29/09 12:22 PM Re: Ebay selling [Re: Edelweiss3]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
A lounge chair? Wow...did you get it locally (concerned about shipping costs)

Well, no used kids clothes or toys here, but I'll look around. I have some vintage fabric and lace......wonder if that would go.

We don't sell our products on Ebay but I do want to try something. Let me look in my "U-Haul" LOL..

Edited by Di (06/29/09 12:23 PM)

#185452 - 06/29/09 06:52 PM Re: Ebay selling [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
The chair was shipped within Germany. And the price included shipping costs. It was a great deal.

We still have so much stuff from my mother's apartment. I sold about half of it over Ebay. The other half, we will probably give to someone who wants to earn money at a flee market.

Many of the items are really valuable: beautiful fine china coffee and tea sets. Rosenthal plates, antique oil paintings, cartons of beautiful Christmas decorations, valuable art books, ivory framed miniature paintings, original etchings, watches, jewellery....!

I have been to one antique store after another. I even drove to Munich to the biggest auctioneer there. Nobody wants any of these things. Apparently they are being bombarded from boomers, trying to sell their parents’ possessions. So I’m just one of thousands. They are all complaining that business is so slow; they can’t afford to buy any new items. It’s heart breaking. I just hope whoever purchases these things, will asses the value, and not consider it junk.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved