The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 62 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77596 - 02/24/06 06:14 AM It All Comes Out In The Wash
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Some helpful laundry hints......

SHRUNKEN SWEATERS

You can usually resize a shrunken sweater by;
* Soak sweater in hair conditioner and water solution, pull gently to reshape...

OVERDRIED CLOTHES

* If you have wrinkled clothes because wash and wear clothes were left too long in the dryer, just put them back in with a damp towel and run a clcle on warm.

LIMP CURTAINS

* To your final rinse water, add one of the following: 1 cup dry milk, 1/2 cup liquid starch, or 1 cup Epsom salts (then turn last rinse to wash and wear cycle.)

A BIT OF LAUNDRY HUMOR
They say the height of elegance is the woman who has her money ironed...
As for me, I'm just pressed for money... [Wink]

[ February 23, 2006, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77597 - 02/24/06 06:51 PM Re: It All Comes Out In The Wash
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is so funny that I should find this here this morning.

I had blankets in the dryer and my clothes in the washer were finished.

I took the clean clothes, shook them, and neatly stacked them on the washer so they could wait their turn in the dryer.

That was Wednesday night. This morning I go down to throw some more laundry around and guess what?

The blankets were dry...and so was the stack of clean clothes that I'd stacked. They were perfectly dry and they didn't smell. All I did was fluff them in the dryer because they were a little stiff.

I had to chuckle. All those years women hung clothes out to dry and all they had to do was pile them neatly. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

I was amazed.

#77598 - 02/25/06 01:59 AM Re: It All Comes Out In The Wash
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chatty...I never knew you could do anything about shrunken sweaters!!! I'm going to write this one down so I don't forget about it ...my middle daughter is always shrinking her sweaters and I get so upset...now finally a SOLUTION!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

Dotsie...that's pretty funny... [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved