The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#194847 - 11/30/09 12:12 AM Just so YUMMY!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I took the leftover turkey my DIL sent home for me and placed it in a soup pan with baby carrots, celery, green onions and two cans of chicken broth for some tasty soup later on today. I love left over turkey for soup. It's cold here today, windy, dreary and drizzling so this really will hit the spot while watching the second to the last running of the Amazing Race...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194958 - 12/01/09 11:58 AM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is our coldest day yet. Still not that cold, but I'm thinking soups, stews, chilis... Your soup sounds yummy.

#195009 - 12/01/09 10:02 PM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I use one all the time and love it! I have two crockpots. Did have three, but gave one to my DIL.

I'm doing baby back ribs tomorrow. Yum!

#195017 - 12/02/09 12:05 AM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I used two crock pots to death literally when my boys were younger and I worked outside the home. I would put my meat, veges, potatoes in before I left for work and when the boys came home they had soups, stews, stuff cabbage, stuffed peppers, etc. There is almost nothing you can't cook in a crock pot. I use one still just for me. Like yesterday I had stuffed peppers. I put them in at about 10:00 a.m. and at 5:30 p.m. when I was hungry they were done.
What I love doing is put a nice beef chuck roast in the crockpot on slow cook, some fresh veges like tomatoes, carrots, italian parsley, celery, squash, onions, mushrooms and of course some water and beef broth and just let it cook over night. I wake up to the smell of freshly made beef-vegetable soup and I snack on it all day.

#195158 - 12/05/09 02:01 AM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
SOUP!!! Soup is what we need right now...send it over, Chatty! Can you believe it? They're talking that it may snow here ... I'm going outside and making a snow angel if it does...this area rarely, if ever, gets snow.

#195180 - 12/05/09 03:04 PM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: Dee]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Chatty, every year I look forward to using the drippings from my turkey for fresh vegetable soup.

Dee, it's supposed to snow from Texas to Alabama, but not Florida.

I'm cooking a stuffed, roasted chicken today with all the veggies. I had to turn my heater on this AM. Going down to 44 tomorrow night they say. Too cold for my blood since living here and my bones ache.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#195218 - 12/06/09 12:09 AM Re: Just so YUMMY!!! [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dee I have to say loud and clear if I never see snow I won't be sorry. All the years I lived in the midwest, I got my fill.

Saundra, I love hot steamy soups. I use the juice and the bones in my turkey soup. In fact Anne I am having turkey soup today, plenty for everyone!!

It is so damp here and cold, in the low 30's, Hard to believe but thats what it is. Very little sunshine as well, quite over cast.

I had a repairman out yesterday to check out my stove and he got it to light with a cleaning of carbon from somewhere inside and an $80.00 service call. Then I cooked the turkey my ex bought himself for Thanksgiving when the oven wouldn't light. Also while the oven was hot he baked some very tasty cookies. It was a good day...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved