The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#163140 - 10/18/08 07:52 PM Tips sent to me...
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eliminate ear mites. All it takes is a few drops of Wesson Corn Oil in your cat's ear... massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Kills fleas instantly... Dawn Dishwashing Liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Good-bye fleas.

Rainy day cure for dog odor: Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.

Did you know that drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately-without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers?

Did you know that Colgate Toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They'll clear up your stuffed nose.

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 tablespoon horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly-even though the produ ct was never been advertised for this use.

Honey remedy for skin blemishes... cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus: Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine M outhwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection... to prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... if menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover: Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, a nd peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
It also works great as a facial apply to face let dry & peel off your skin will be as soft as a babies bottom.

Hunt's Tomato Paste boil cure... cover the boil with Hunt's Tomato Paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters... to disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine, a powerful antiseptic.

Vinegar to heal bruises... soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to t he bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief... it's not for breakfast any more! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#163145 - 10/18/08 09:24 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dancer, you beat me to it. When receiving these earlier today I immediately thought of the BWS ladies, because some of these I haven't ever heard of. Thanks for posting these!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163213 - 10/19/08 06:18 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Very welcome, Chatty! I sent them to you! I'm always happy to recieve your forwards as well!

in friendship,
Dancer

#163233 - 10/19/08 09:40 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

We do send alot of stuff back and forth Dancer. I get some of the neatest email jokes from so many of the ladies, which I also share with those I know would appreciate them. Your friend that sends you all those jokes, wow, where does he get them all I wonder? Keep 'em coming, love them! And thanks for thinking of me.

#163235 - 10/19/08 09:59 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Chatty,
The source is a 67 year old New York comic and comedy writer who just told me his wife has incureable cancer...
I am heart broken to hear this but he keeps the humor coming to me, God bless him as she takes chemo, etc...

Thanks for mentioning my friend, Norm,

Dancer

#163293 - 10/20/08 02:43 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I like the Bounce on a wet dog idea. I'll definitely give that one a try. It's the craziest thing. Our dog always smells great, but let her get a little rain on her and she smells like dog. Can't wait to give this one a try.

#163315 - 10/20/08 05:43 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Elmer glue on the face! Wow…do you get stuck up afterwards?
Hahaha. Actually, I think that is a frightening thought. What if it doesn’t come off !!! I do like the glue and splinter idea. You got some great tips here Dancer!

Here is an interesting link: http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Topic/household_tips.html

#163318 - 10/20/08 05:59 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The Bounce fabric sheet is also suppose to calm a dog's angst when there is lightening about. Rubbing it on the dog supposedly discharges the dog's fur and shields him from the static charge buildup before and during thunderstorms.

It seemed to work on Trixie.

#163338 - 10/20/08 07:40 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

The Bounce certainly does work JJ, especially on a dog with longer hair. They keep a case of Bounce at the kennels here for the dogs, in case miracles occur and we get some rain. Doesn't seem to have the same effect on cats though.

#163345 - 10/20/08 08:07 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I didn't know that. Thanks! I'll try it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved