The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#129488 - 10/16/07 07:31 PM This is what I'm doing
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This year I'm going to put an effort into helping other women. My first choice is Princess Lenora (Lynn). While I was recently in TX I met some women from the Crisis Center and told them about Lynn and her wonderful book and that I would ask Lynn to send them a copy so the next time they needed a great speaker, they could call her. This way, she gets the opportunity to share her work and sell her book and educate others with her knowledge.

Let's roll this idea around a bit. What can each of us do to help one another?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129489 - 10/17/07 02:46 AM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Dianne]
Lefty_Writer Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Hi Dianne:

I am a newbie with this group and forum, but this is exactly one of the reasons I looked forward to being a part.
Maybe one thing we could all do is start a Web ring--each of us can add pages to our sites just for NABBW members, with links and a brief description of our sites?

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you had in mind, but it's a thought.

#129490 - 10/17/07 01:28 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Lefty_Writer]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a great idea Dianne. I don't know what I can offer from across the seas, though.
I've been asked if I could organize some speaking engagements for an author from BWS. I looked into it, and had no luck. Unless you are big time and internationally known, you have to pay here to speak; rent, tickets, and so forth. They have Star Bucks here as well, but authors, reading in coffee shops, do it for free.

#129491 - 10/17/07 01:31 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
You're on to something, Dianne. Networking is huge to my heart right now, although I have a small, locally owned business for this area and I'm afraid I'm on my own here. But I would be more than willing to promote for these lovely writers or do anything that I can to help. We just have to mull this over as to the "hows" of it all.

#129492 - 10/17/07 05:36 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: ladyjane]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm basically a novice at this myself. I'm not sure what a webring is? I know, I should know. Sorry.

Right now, all I know to do is give the name and contact info for the woman I'm trying to help. Also, if I'm asked to speak somewhere and can't, I will give them the name of another dv author that I trust so they would have the opportunity to give their talk and promote their book.

Honestly, whenever I've done this, I have had my socks blessed off my feet!

Maybe a database with our names and topics that we could refer to?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129493 - 10/17/07 08:26 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Dianne]
Lefty_Writer Offline

A Web ring is pretty basic, actually. All it means is that those of us who have Web sites create a page on our sites where we list the Web sites, URLs and services offered (if applicable) by NABBW members only. If a database was set up somewhere here at NABBW, we could get the information from that. Having multiple sites link into yours raises your site's visibility on search engines. You never know where your next customer or ally will come from, so you want to give them as many ways to find you as possible.

#129494 - 10/17/07 09:45 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Lefty_Writer]
HeleneT Offline

Hi All,

My name is Helene and I've just signed on to the forum. I, too have been thinking it would be great for women in our community to support each other with links or by visiting each other's web sites. Both the links and the traffic help stats. I am the President and Founder of The Modern Woman's Divorce Guide, a free online resource for women in divorce. http://themodernwomansdivorceguide.com I add links on my website to my firends and colleagues. I'm open to any requests from my fellow boomer women and of course, greatly appreciate your links to my site or spreading the word about it so women in need can find it.

Kind Regards,
Helene
The Modern Woman's Divorce Guide
http://themodernwomansdivorceguide.com

#129495 - 10/18/07 01:08 AM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

Dianne, This is great. I actually thought about something like this but did not know how to word it! You hit it on the head, as usual!
I'm open to helping anyone I can. My talents and web site are listed below each post so anyone can see if I can help them in any way.
I have mentioned this forum to friends for Dotsie and will continue to do so. I noticed one joined and I have three that might.
I have referred two women to Dianne's site already!
The more I know about each member the more I can do. I am nothing if not in the public eye all the time and I say ANYTHING I want over a microphone and I have one often!

Just ask if I can help.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#129496 - 10/18/07 03:54 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: dancer9]
Lefty_Writer Offline

I just realized that everything we need to start an NABBW Web ring is already on the member directory here. I am going to work on adding a page to WriteSuccess with your links. I will also add the page when I develop my new site for MAH Communications.

#129497 - 10/18/07 08:00 PM Re: This is what I'm doing [Re: Lefty_Writer]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Dancer!!!!!

My site is for battered women so I'm wondering how it would work with female writers. Unless they wanted guidance writing their own stories? Have to think that one over.

I'm excited to be doing this, aren't you?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved