The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#123669 - 07/16/07 06:46 PM Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion
Carolyn Howard-Johnson Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Georgia has a way of keeping people on their toes. She suggested I drop by because I have a new book ready for pre-order but that made me think of how many special friends I made on this forum when I was a guest a couple years ago. So, this post is just to let you know how much I appreciate all of you--when you come up to introduce yourselves at writers conferences, when you sign up for my newsletter (and contribute!), when you comment on my blog and mention that you are one of Dotsie's babies! There is lots out there that I do to connect with authors, to help them promote and write. So check out some of my links and let me know how we can work together.
www.howtodoitfrugally.com
www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com
www.thenewbookreview.blogspot.com
www.authorscoalition.blogspot.com
www.authorscoalitionandredengingepress.com

I promise to be back--not be a stanger so long. LUCKY you!

Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Author award-winning THE FRUGAL BOOK PROMOTER and THE FRUGAL EDITOR. "After reading , THE FRUGAL BOOK PROMOTER you may know more about book publicity than your publisher." ~ Tim Bete, director, Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop

#123670 - 07/16/07 06:58 PM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Carolyn Howard-Johnson]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks for the warning....LOL! Okay, okay, just yanking your chain there Ms C.

Carolyn is a dear friend and she loves to come and "lurk" around the forums. She may not get to post, but she reads and keeps up with us.

She told me she thinks we're all so cool AND so caring...ahem, ah...well, yes, we are...right girls? hahaha, cough..spurt...ahem..but let me tell you something about Carolyn that others may or may not tell you.

When I first starting writing publicly, everybody kept telling me about this book, The Frugal Book Promoter. You HAVE to get it. So I did. I was so captured by it, that I wrote to Carolyn, the author and said, "thank you for writing such a wonderful book!"

She wrote back and kept thanking ME...thanking ME for pete's sake. For writing, for kind words, and for validating that the book was all it was cracked up to be. I was amazed that she would take the time to THANK ME, the reader.

So I tested her "thankfulness." I wrote back and asked what I'm sure where a number of dumb questions. She answered ALL of them, one by one. Not once did she seem "put out." Not once did she say, "Do you homework. Research. Leave me alone. Are you blonde? Do you have a life?"

Nope...not once. When Carolyn says she really does care about other writers, she means it. She walks the talk. I haven't met many people who go completely out of their way to help others; but Carolyn does. Gladly. Joyce Faulkner is another one that does. And of course, our Dotsie!

And THAT is why I support her no matter WHAT Carolyn is doing. I told her recently that she has the biggest heart of anybody I know, next to Dotsie. That's the highest compliment I can offer; in my book (no pun intended).

So welcome back Ms C....we'll all be picking your brain! We need to get you back in here as Featured Author again! Wuhooo!

#123671 - 07/16/07 07:57 PM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I think you have the medicine I need. My book is finished, but I need an agent to find an agent...I wonder if something like that exists. I'll be checking your links. !!!

#123672 - 07/16/07 09:54 PM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I did buy your book. Now I need to ask you all those questions!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#123673 - 07/17/07 04:15 AM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Edelweiss]

Ha! I know of no agent to find an agent though the Joyce Faulkner who our Queen Jaw Jaw just mentioned has a service she might be able to tailor to that request. You can reach her at katieseyes@aol.com. This service can be found on www.AuthorsCoalitionandRedEnginePress.com as well.

And, speaking of agents. I just interviewed hundreds of them and some of them gave me input they actually wanted me to print in my new book because they wanted to help me help authors. I was amazed. I swear, I'll never say anything bad about an agent again. Unfortunately The Frugal Editor with all these tips from agents won't be released until Oct. 1 but if you'll e-mail me I'll send you a list of agent who were open to helping me. Some of the biggest and best, I might add. (-:

And, thank you Georgia for all the nice words.

Best to you all,
Author award-winning THE FRUGAL BOOK PROMOTER and THE FRUGAL EDITOR. "After reading , THE FRUGAL BOOK PROMOTER you may know more about book publicity than your publisher." ~ Tim Bete, director, Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop

#123674 - 07/17/07 04:21 AM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Saundra]

Saundra:
About those questions! Our Georgia did neglect to mention that I am not above saying,"Go back to the chapter on xxxxx" and reread it!" Or, "Check out that index! There is tons in there on book fairs!" LOL.

But I AM always honored to answer questions. Who wouldn't be? It means people are reading your book and getting something out of it!

Best,
Carolyn

#123675 - 07/17/07 04:50 AM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Carolyn Howard-Johnson]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
She's right on the money there. She DID tell me on occasion to go back to Chapter so n so, on page so n so, and re-read that part. And then after she got to know me better and discovered how lovable I am, she said, "Do you read? CAN you read? Go back and read the book!"

Of course all was said with a twinkle in her eyes.

JJ

#123676 - 07/28/07 05:49 PM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Carolyn, it's great to see you back on the boomer forum. I have to agree with JJ, here folks. Carolyn knows her stuff and if she doesn't she knows where to find it. She's a great supporter of authors. (No, JJ, not the athletic kind!!)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#123677 - 07/29/07 08:54 AM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks for the links Carolyn.
Hannelore

#123678 - 07/30/07 08:59 PM Re: Reconnecting at Queen JawJaw's Suggestion [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, Carolyn will be coming to out Featured Author forum soon. Be on the lookout.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved