The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#76276 - 11/23/05 06:41 PM I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
Deda Offline

Loc: NC
about my newest book, The Book of Miniature Horses. It was released by Lyons Press in August.

My next project with Lyons will be a book about draft horses -so I am going from one extreme to the other [Wink]

I write mainly about horses since I've worked in the industry for 30 yrs and I have followed the advice, "Write what you know."

I had two children's historical novels published previously by Coastal Carolina Press. CCP has gone out of business, but I am thrilled to have found a new publisher for those books: Pale as the Moon and An Independent Spirit. Both books are set in the colonial period and have horses as a theme.

I also write for various magazines, mainly horse publications. So, if I can help with any horse questions fire away.

#76277 - 11/23/05 07:11 PM Re: I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Welcome and congratulations!

I saw a miniature horse and her brand new baby at the fair one year and stood there for hours in awe. It was so tiny and perfectly formed. My husband had to drag me away!

#76278 - 11/24/05 08:31 AM Re: I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome. Is that you on your home page? We have some real horse lovers in here! I hope they see your post.

#76279 - 11/23/05 11:42 PM Re: I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
ladybug Offline

My daughter's best friend takes riding lessons and loves horses. This sounds like a good idea for a Christmas gift for her.

Congratulations on your achievements!

#76280 - 11/24/05 02:09 AM Re: I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
Deda Offline

Loc: NC
No, that's my grand daughter who lives with me. I am 59, she's 18.

You know how I know she's 18? Cause she tells me about ten times a day, usually right after I won't let her do something she wants to do:o)

I love the minis. I had one, just 29.5 inches tall. I sold him a few months ago, and I am already looking for another one. But, I refuse to buy a draft horse when I write this next book! They eat lots more than minis.

Actually my passion is Arabians. I've bred, trained, shown and used them for years. My favorite, and last, mare is 31 years old. She still teaches little kids to ride.

#76281 - 11/24/05 07:04 PM Re: I'm new here, but I'm going to hop right in and brag
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When we moved, I donated three of my older horses to a inner city camp that worked with children and horses. It gave the kids a chance to do something they'd never be able to do where they lived. Was also involved with programs that helped battered women by teaching them how to care for horses. It was amazing because they could tell what the woman's inner problems were by the way the horse reacted toward them.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved