The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#75464 - 04/30/05 12:39 AM National Poetry Month
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
1st, congrats Louisa.
I just finished up this month at a school today.
Sold a lot of books! One teacher bought 6 books as gifts!! I gave a lot of free gifts away, the kids loved it! I have a few more book signings & readings in May, then I will go on vacation for most of the Summer! School starts here in Aug.
I have a writer's conference in June. Hope to sell the last of one of my books there.
I will go back in the schools and hope I can stay there & the libraries. Dannye, I will answer your question in a few minutes, thanks.
An illustrator, who I have never met, just online, just illustrated and did my bookcover 4 my next book, that will be released this Fall. The cost would have been between $500-$800.
She did it 4 me, "FREE!!!" She LOVES my work, plus she said, I did her a nice favor, oh my!
Have a nice weekend, one & ALL!

#75465 - 04/30/05 04:29 PM Re: National Poetry Month
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
That's wonderful! Congratulations on getting the book cover done for free.
Louisa

#75466 - 04/30/05 04:38 PM Re: National Poetry Month
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
WOW! "FREE" is the best price there could possibly be....LOL Actually the fact that the illustrator wanted to do the cover for you at no cost is quite a high compliment.

It also sounds like you are keeping VERY busy with signings and readings, etc. GOOD FOR YOU! You are coming to Book 'Em this October too right? It will be great to meet you there!

#75467 - 05/01/05 05:54 PM Re: National Poetry Month
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Thank you so much. It's a lovely poem. Louisa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved