The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#200376 - 03/03/10 02:45 AM The Worm Turns!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It seems my partner who decided she wanted all the credit for her lifes story even though she wasn't the one who wrote the actual story, I DID!!! She called last night and said she is so glad I didn't get mad or tell her to shove it and just kept quiet while she had a chance to rethink her dumb/selfish decision. I said okay BUT now I want our agreement in writing authored by an attorney, one we both sign and he keeps a copy of before I do anything with the one and only copy of this manuscript I have in my possession... I said, I may forgive but never forget when a person/friend trys to burn me, so from now on a third person must be involved. I think someone may have asked her who was going to finish book 2, and write book 3 to complete her life story if I don't?? Good question! Anyway I am happy she came to her senses.
Sometimes patience really is golden. Or in this case $$$ green.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200383 - 03/03/10 12:29 PM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nice ending to your story. When will it be published?

#200405 - 03/03/10 07:08 PM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh yes, and waiting it out is something we boomers have finally learned to do....at least the most part.
This is great news, chatty.

#200430 - 03/04/10 12:03 AM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

The publisher wants additional information I need to get together and send to her. When it is, it is, that's not up to me.
Believe me you ladies will be the first ones to know.

#200445 - 03/04/10 04:17 AM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I agree, get in writing "legally."

#200471 - 03/05/10 12:39 AM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Best of luck, chatty.

I could only be an anonymous writer if I was a full-time writer for a corporation..ie. for their marketing dept., etc.

I ghost write at least 70% of the content under my partner's name. The others are under my name for blog. It doesn't bother me since I get my share of limelight for original articles that I write.

I suppose one wonders what difference it makes: To me, it is important that I pen articles with my name directly as the author. Especially when prospective employers are looking for real ownership of original thought, structure of argument or persuasion and writing style. The article's thoughts are a written statement that the author is willing to go public with her/his opinion. Sounds small, but if the opinion is controversial...

#200481 - 03/05/10 02:22 AM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are absolutely right Orchid. I don't mind ghostwriting a novel knowing upfront I will get maybe a mention in the book of thanks for editing etc.. But when I do ghost a novel, there is a completely different cost. I charge a lot as a ghost. Where as my editing fee's I keep to a minimum.

This was a totally different situation, this woman contacted me who had this fantastic life story but couldn't spell, punctuate, or even put two sentences together legibly. It took two years+ of my time creating a manuscript and "she asked" if I would accept the title of co-writer in leau of money with a percentage because she wasn't rich either. I took the deal gladly because I know a great, not good, but great story when I see one. We became friends and trusting me never got anything in writing. My word is my bond and I am too trusting apparently.
She renigged once I had interested a publisher, I said fine! But I had the only finished copy of the manuscript so I just sat back and waited. I guess she finally figured it out or spoke to someone smarter than her and she called me all apologetic begging me to forgive her. I did! But said now I want everything in writing by an attorney. When I get that and we both sign it then I will finish supplying the publisher what she wants in order to publish our book. Book two is almost done as well and there is suppose to be a book three of this series.
I worked my butt off for practically nothing, and of course I want to be recognized, it is some of my best work ever. I can't wait until it's published and you can all read it. I will admit this woman has led a truly fantastic life to date...

#200502 - 03/05/10 04:12 PM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Good for you Chatty. You can never be too careful. Can't wait for the book.
www.tidedancer.com

#200745 - 03/11/10 12:41 AM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well this morning I received a phonecall from a Literary Attorney in California, he wanted to be sure he had the correct spelling of my name and that I was in agreement with the terms in the contract he was hired to write up. I supplied what he needed and he will be special delivering me the papers to sign before I submit what the publisher asked for regarding TORY'S SECRETS, our book. It won't be long now hopefully!

#200762 - 03/11/10 12:20 PM Re: The Worm Turns! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, make sure you have another person read the contract too. I wouldn't want you to miss anything and be sorry. If it's pretty techncal, I'd have a lawyer read it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved