The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#198922 - 02/01/10 11:54 PM Book being published.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The book I ghost wrote awhile back, Trails and Tales of a Pioneer, is being published. I am so happy for the woman whose life the book showcases. She doesn't mind my saying I wrote it or I couldn't tell you ladies but this is one novel I've written I CAN talk about. Yahoo!!! When out, I hope you will read it...

I also sent querys out for another book which will be a three novel series. No news yet on that one, just sent them out...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198926 - 02/02/10 02:08 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Chatty...just curious. What is "ghost writing"? I just LOVE woman pioneer books! Looking fwd to reading this. will it be an e-book or hardbound??

#198928 - 02/02/10 02:49 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: Di]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Congratulations! I hope the 3-book deal works out for you, too. It's nice when you can promote freely a book you've ghostwritten.

#198969 - 02/02/10 08:19 PM Re: Book being published. [Re: DonnaJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, tell us more!

#198971 - 02/02/10 08:24 PM Re: Book being published. [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Wow Chatty! congratulations! I hope the author included your name for recognition.

#198990 - 02/03/10 12:32 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

When ghost writing any novel, you get NO recognition except in knowing you wrote the book. You sign a cofidentially contract that does not allow you recognition or bragging rights...Ho humm!!! The person hiring you to write the book is listed on it as the author. You would be shocked if I could name just some of the other books I am responsible for. For those novels I was well paid and thats all...

But in this case the named author doesn't mind my saying I wrote her story for her. Trails and Tales of a Pioneer. This is about a woman now 94 years old, that was the first white woman ever to set foot in the Alaskan wilderness. It includes her adventures then, and up to today. She will be 95 in July 2010. So if you like this type book, it is only five chapters, and are interested in my style, when the book comes out please read it. Her life already lived, most of us couldn't even imagine.

Now for the three book series; I was the co-writer on all, but they haven't been accepted yet by a publisher. These three books are about another womans life story but she was/is unable to articulate, so I rewrote from her ramblings and completed her manuscripts, and my name will appear as co-writer when published. This series is called: Tory's Secret and will be published one book at a time. It contains English, disgustingly wealthy Aristocrats, greed, incest, insanity, alcoholism, murder, and a host of other indescretions. All seen through the eyes of an innocent child. I believe this was some of my best work and this womans life story is something no fiction writer could ever invent. The best part is she is alive and well, living in California, and we are best friends... She has a screen writer friend waiting for the book to write the screen play for. I just found that out myself...

Di, a ghostwriter is someone who takes a persons story and sets it to paper. Usually the person whose story it is is unable to write well enough or at all, so they hire someone like me who writes their book for them. Like the woman who wrote Hillary Clintons book. You must spend alot of time with this person either by phone or in person or both, and read whatever they have such as journals, diaries etc., until you can build what you need to then write and rewrite until the employer is happy with what you've written...

#198995 - 02/03/10 02:41 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

To answer the PM I just received, no! I do not accept every person who wants a ghostwriter as it takes so long to write a book. Those of you who have, know what I mean. I can only do one ghostwriting job a year, and do justice to the person I am writing it for, plus I am busy editing manuscripts from other writers who can write and just need someone to oversee what they have done and correct whatever is necessary. Luckily being a writer myself, it's not a hard job most of the time, and I LOVE what I do...

#198998 - 02/03/10 03:06 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Very cool, Chatty! I think we all can say "I could write a book"...but then my thoughts are "I'm not a good writer". NOW I know there's such a thing as a ghost writer. I never knew...thanks for the great explanation!

I'm so looking forward to this book.....

#199003 - 02/03/10 04:44 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, this is exciting that the story of the woman in Alaska is finally in print! Yeah! I'm so thrilled for you, girl!

When can we buy one?

#199011 - 02/03/10 07:38 AM Re: Book being published. [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Congrats Chatty!!! Can't wait to get a copy and read it!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved