The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#75569 - 05/31/05 04:48 PM Essay published online at EWW
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi ladies,

An essay I wrote on some of my life experiences that led me into volunteering to help animals has been published online at Emerging Women Writers. The link is below.

I will alert you that this is not a light-hearted piece, so please be aware of that going in. If you do decide to read it, please let me know what you think!
http://emergingwomenwriters.com/emerge/index.php?p=205#more-205

Best regards,
Kelly

#75570 - 05/31/05 05:05 PM Re: Essay published online at EWW
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow Kelly, that brought tears to my eyes. Your writing is very powerful! Thank you for sharing it.

#75571 - 06/01/05 07:09 AM Re: Essay published online at EWW
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
It is sad that people can take the life of a creature so lightly. Great writing, Kelly!

#75572 - 06/01/05 07:59 AM Re: Essay published online at EWW

Thanks for reading, ladies.

Kelly

#75573 - 05/31/05 08:07 PM Re: Essay published online at EWW
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Powerful writing, Kelly. Thank you for sharing that.

One of my most treasured furkids, was Trinity, who came into Second Chance Siberians. the non-profit Siberian Husky rescue I ran while in El Paso in conjunction with Animal Rescue League of El Paso, as an owner turn-in at 13 years young. While evaluating Trinity, Kayleigh then a crawling baby pushed a ball out of her reach. Trinity went under a table, pulled the ball out, used her nose to scoot it back to Kayleigh and in doing so found the biggest spot in my heart and a home in my home with my other Siberian Huskies. Trinity lived 17 years, and passed away last year around Memorial Day. She was a treasure of a creature, whose compassion and empathy was above that of any dog I have ever known, she seemed almost human, if not more so.

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."
Hebrews 13:2 NIV

#75574 - 05/31/05 09:31 PM Re: Essay published online at EWW
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Kelly, what a wonderful, moving article. My two dogs were both adopted because the owners didn't want or couldn't have them any more. They are my precious babies and a very real joy in my life.

#75575 - 06/01/05 06:30 AM Re: Essay published online at EWW

Wendy, that's a great story. Animals do so many kind things for humans and other animals that rarely get noticed. Recently I read a story where a dolphin helped a dog that had fallen from a boat get safely back to shore.

My father always liked to tell the story of how, when I was 3 years old, I rode my tricycle into the street. The shephard dog that was our family's pet apparently put himself between me and upcoming cars and barked frantically until my mother came back outside.

I've often wondered how the animal kingdom would handle the human overpopulation problem if they were the ones in charge. Something tells me that killing us off just because there were too many of us wouldn't be their solution.

Thanks for reading, ladies.
Kelly

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved