The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#130565 - 10/29/07 06:31 PM THE BRAIN and learning
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I had to search and search to find this webpage.
My husband and I played with this for quite some time, out of pure wonderment. I thought of it when I mentioned what my brain means to me on another thread, and thought you all might be interested, too.

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.co...e-of-the-brain/

Even if you answer with an A or a B, initially, move your eyes away from the illustration and move them back. I found that if I moved them down to the verbage and read, "What? You don’t believe she could be spinning the other way? Show this to someone who thinks very differently than you do. Or better yet, get a couple of people to look at it at the same time." to look up again afterwards, the direction changed for a short period. My husband could see the image going counter clockwise simultaneously while I saw it going clockwise.... intermittently changing to vice versa. SOOOOO interesting!!!!!! The brain is amazing, simply amazing!!!!

Also, here is a link to trial runs on brain exercises/training, which we can all benefit from: http://www.lumosity.com/.

If anyone has brain exercises they can share, please do.... let's keep them alive and well. I hope sharing these links is ok in the forums... I have no connection to them.

#130566 - 10/29/07 07:00 PM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh my gosh....how weird is that???? I saw her spinning clockwise, too, then blinked and she was going counter-clockwise. Our brains really are amazing!

#130567 - 11/05/07 04:32 AM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I had to concentrate very hard to get her to spin counter-clockwise, and then she kept switching back to clockwise almost immediately.

Poet and essayist

#130568 - 11/05/07 10:49 PM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
She stayed counter=clockwise for me. But the gorilla. I did not even notice it when I was simply watching the kids in white t-shirts. I even watched it twice to make sure my count was correct.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#130569 - 11/06/07 03:07 PM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
ladyjane the same thing happened to me.

Great links gimster! Thanks so much for posting these.

#130571 - 11/07/07 12:12 AM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
mostlie counter clockwise then i saw it going clockwise , then it got stuck in my brain going counter clockwise and i couln't get her going the other way again pheeeew lol. furrowed brow and all...going cross-eyed now lol

i still waiting for video to load for the kids in whitre tea-shirts and the counting, thanks gimster.

#130572 - 11/07/07 12:21 AM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
that was fun i still stuck then i got convinced the video was swickiing not my perceptioon lol.

i got to intrested in the gorrila and forgott to count sigh...3 time's watched and still couldn't be sure of the final count sigh, lol
still funthoug lol

#130573 - 11/08/07 09:51 PM Re: THE BRAIN and learning [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Counter clockwise for me, no mater how long I looked at her...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved