The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#181797 - 05/08/09 06:59 PM What entices you to buy online?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Your thoughts please!

#181798 - 05/08/09 07:20 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Di, I only buy online what I can’t get in stores near by. I’m a big advocator of supporting small stores and businesses. The alternative would be ghost towns, which would be a royal shame. I do buy books over Amazon, just because I usually read English books.

Oh and yes, I made an exception once and bought your soaps; … just used up the last one. smile

#181804 - 05/08/09 08:20 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, and sometimes even if you can get something locally, getting it online is still less expensive. Many have said that about our products!

#181826 - 05/08/09 10:44 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I like to buy from people I know, thus trust. I am not about to share my credit card info with just anyone.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181828 - 05/08/09 11:19 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I haven't bought anything physical online yet.

What would entice me? If the product was from a location in Canada. For me to avoid the customs/duty tax.

And a product that I knew would be difficult/impossible to get close by elsewhere.

#181847 - 05/09/09 12:49 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: orchid]
Ellemm Offline

I buy all sorts of things online: clothing, shoes from discount sites, special makeup I can't get easily, weird and normal things from eBay, etc. We don't have an awful lot of selection here: the one bookstore is a chain and they're nice enough in person, but forget special ordering or help. Amazon gets me the stuff easily and without any fuss. I do patronize the local stores, but see no reason to confine all my choices to town. I can drive for over an hour and schlep from place to place or click a few buttons and save myself the hassle.

#182579 - 05/20/09 09:07 AM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Di]
andrewson Offline

I buy mostly in stores. But if I find any new product which is not available in stores then I go for online shopping.

#182587 - 05/20/09 12:51 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: andrewson]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I buy local if at all possible...and when I buy online, I don't give my CC number, I call the 1-800 number and order thru a warm body, not an online form. Don't trust them.

#183006 - 05/25/09 07:05 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: jawjaw]
Plains Woman Offline

Loc: Iowa
I buy mostly "odd" things online. Our son wanted to plant a row of Norway Spruce samplings. Nothing close by with anything like what we wanted so ordered 100 of them online.

I like Amazon for books because I like the price of the used books. When I read for a book club it's usually a book from Amazon, used.

I have a heck of a time finding T-shirt knit in any fabric store anymore so order it online too.

When the seed catalogs come in January I find so many things I like and can't resist so order it online.

Those are just a few of the things I buy and it's sure convenient.

If you're afraid of giving out your credit card number check into PayPal. It's slick!

#183297 - 05/29/09 12:14 PM Re: What entices you to buy online? [Re: Plains Woman]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I use credit cards online and never have a problem.

In fact, I've found that credit card companies are watching accounts very carefully. I've heard of people getting phone calls from their bank when there is unusual activity on their credit cards. Kinda cook, huh?

I did soemthing out of the ordinary for me yesterday. I had three gifts to buy so I went to Crate & Barrel and ordered them up. I was able to enter all three addresses so the gifts could be delivered to the right doors. Loved it. It was so easy. One was delivered to Texas, one to NY and the other was local.

I didn't have to truck to the store, buy, wrap, go to the post office, etc. It was great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved