The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#177259 - 03/16/09 02:30 PM Keyboard sticking
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
My "L" had been sticking for a while,so after looking at it and the rest of the keyboard,I decided to take each key off and clean them and underneath them as well. Gosh, what a mound of dust and dirt I found!

I used a small screwdriver to pop each key off; then I used Q-tips and plastic toothpicks and cleaned away. I spritzed each key with alcohol,then snapped it back on.

Now, smooth sailing!

The sad thing is, we would normally go out to buy a new keyboard...but not this time. And the computer companies WANT that. But heck,just a little clean job and it's good as new!

Anyone else very clean your keyboard thoroughly other than just using canned air??

Edited by Di (03/16/09 02:31 PM)

#177322 - 03/16/09 09:47 PM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When I had my old Dell laptop, the keys would stick and most of the letters were worn off so I ordered a new keyboard and it was only like $11.00... I couldn't believe how cheap it was or the amount of crumbs, dirt etc. under the old keyboard when we took it off to replace it...YUK! Talk about nasty.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177365 - 03/17/09 04:38 AM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty I have more food in my keyboard than I have in my refrigerator.

#177382 - 03/17/09 01:57 PM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Too funny, Chick!

In my job as a network admin for 75 computers, I had the fun task of cleaning out keyboards...let me just say that eventually I learned to use rubber gloves and plenty of anti-bacterial hand-wash. You could not believe what nasty things I found...moldy food was bad enough, try hardened nose goobers, or sneeze droppings. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK. It's not surprising that keyboards are one of the most contaminated objects in any office - sometimes far more contaminated than toilets.

(Maya Angelou)

#177421 - 03/17/09 09:18 PM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, you're hysterical.

I tap my keyboard upside down every few weeks. I tap it on each side to get the stuff out. What falls out is amazing.

Eagle, all I can say is GROSS!

#177468 - 03/18/09 12:13 AM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yuk, yuk and double yuk-yuk Eagle...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177584 - 03/19/09 01:01 AM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Well,forget THAT idea! DH just bought me a new keyboard and it's SLEEK!

This is what it looks like...it's so soft to the touch. Your fingers just glide over it. No noise, no place for crumbs, and VERY inexpensive!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB110LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=NDE4NDIyOA

#177588 - 03/19/09 03:32 AM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I use canned air - blows all kinds of stuff out of the keyboard. Di, I'm jealous! But then I'm saving up for a new MacBook Pro, the brand new ones that are environmentally better (not perfect by any means, but better than what I have now)!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#177606 - 03/19/09 08:09 PM Re: Keyboard sticking [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Oh, we are gearing up for a new OS also. Our three computers are "outdated", if you can believe that. DH is "mad" at Apple due to not supporting older systems. They do with older cars...why not computers?

We are good for now, but oh this new keyboard makes no mistakes!! If you can believe THAT, too!! LOL!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved