The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85345 - 08/16/06 12:11 AM The Razr
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Does anyone have the Motorola Razr phone? I just got the pink one. I like it but I'm having a hard time getting used to some of the features. The battery keeps running low on me in less than a day. It's the second one. I went back the next day and told them and they gave me anothter new one. Same thing happened. It charges up in a couple of hours and it should take longer. It's taking the fun out of a new toy, plus I don't need it going dead on me.

Louisa

#85346 - 08/16/06 10:06 PM Re: The Razr [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, my oldest son has that phone, but not in pink! He charges his every night and has never had any problems. However, we were at the beach for a week, he never charged it, and it retained power all week.

#85347 - 08/17/06 01:12 AM Re: The Razr
Louisa Offline

I shouldn't have to charge it every night and I have been having to. It says when the battery is new it may take several full charges before it gets broken in or something. I didn't keep my old phone on all the time and I only charged it about once a month. When I went on vacation I used it all the time and didn't have to charge it then. This one, I don't know. I love the phone, but I it won't be much good if it runs down dead every night. Has he had the phone long? I'm doing text messages now and can even get my email through the phone. I'll love this when I'm in Vegas soon.

Louisa

#85348 - 08/17/06 06:37 PM Re: The Razr [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, he's had it for some time now. He's in the habit of charging it every night so I guess that's why he's had no problems.

#85349 - 08/20/06 03:39 AM Re: The Razr
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Louisa,

I think there is dedfinitely something wrong. I too got the new pink razr cell phone about twoo weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I can basically leave it on all day and it still shows as battery full at the bedtime. I am shocked as my old phone had a really short period before the battery started running low.

I love all the features - and I love that it's pink. It's the firt time I have had a flip phone and I love that I don't have to worry about diealing numbers in my purse

I think you should try to get another one.

DOnna

#85350 - 08/20/06 12:59 PM Re: The Razr [Re: 49erDonna]
Louisa Offline

thanks, Donna. I'm sure something is wrong with this phone. Although the book says a new battery has to go throuh several full charges before it's right, I don't believe it. I went back the next day and the guy said I had a low battery. I said it was weird because I charged it when I got home. He put a new one in. This one too does the same thing. I charge it at night and I don't leave it on all day even. Then I go to play with it at night and before I know it, it's beeping low. It also gets so hot at times, it almost burns my hand. I only charged my old phone about once a month. Of course, I didn't use it every day, but even on vacation when I used it more, it didn't run low like this one. Otherwise I like it and I love the color.
Louisa

#85351 - 08/20/06 04:38 PM Re: The Razr [Re: Louisa]
49erDonna Offline

Good morning Louisa,

Back from church - we had a visiting Priest from India - pretty neat.

Maybe it's not the battery but the actual phone. I'm worried that it gets hot - mine has never ever gotten to hot to touch. It must be an electrical connection inside

I wonder if you can google razr electrical problems - except that its pretty new, maybe there's a history like on the dell laptop batteries.

Donna
Donna

#85352 - 08/20/06 05:45 PM Re: The Razr [Re: 49erDonna]
Louisa Offline

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I don't need it bursting into flames in my purse, or worse, in my hand. I have emailed Motorola about it, but probably won't hear until tomorrow at best. It's a rainy day and I don't feel like driving back up the mall again today. Maybe tomorrow after work I'll go back there to where I got it. If I need to charge it more because I'm using it more, that's one thing, but getting hot like that is another. Still, I should be able to get more than a day out of a charge. My old phone did.

Louisa

#85353 - 08/20/06 10:27 PM Re: The Razr [Re: Louisa]
49erDonna Offline

I'm sure it will be ok - but I hope you are able to replace it asap.

Donna

#85354 - 08/21/06 01:10 AM Re: The Razr [Re: 49erDonna]
Louisa Offline

I'm going to try to run up there after work tomorrow. My step-daughter's husband has the same phone but his doesn't get that hot. He says if he's on it for a long time, but mine just gets hot. Her mother has the razr and hates it. I did google electrical problems and found the battery thing all over the place but nothing about getting hot. I also found many that love the phone. They say the reception is great. I haven't even talked on it much yet.
Louisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved