The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#190949 - 10/01/09 08:39 PM Vista and Losing Text
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Often, when I am working online, all my text will disappear. It's happened here, at BSW, quite often. Not only my text will disappear, but a lots of other posts disappear, too. I have not noticed it off-line. I am pretty sure it is Vista related, but not positive.

Any ideas?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#190953 - 10/01/09 09:59 PM Re: Vista and Losing Text [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Anno, I use both my PC and my laptop. The PC has Windows XP and the laptop has Vista. Other than some performance issues (I find Vista is faster), I don't notice any difference while here at BWS. The only thing I've noticed is the text jumping around in the edit box, but can't remember if it's just on XP or happens on Vista too because I tend not to type as much on the laptop (I can't see the keyboard very well).

(Maya Angelou)

#190955 - 10/01/09 10:07 PM Re: Vista and Losing Text [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've tried researching it but I'm afraid I can't find anything. I don't do Vista for that reason. Too many bugs they haven't worked out yet. Have you gone to the Microsoft page to see if they have a "fix?"

#190957 - 10/01/09 10:18 PM Re: Vista and Losing Text [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have tried the research, too. We had a techie out a few months ago and while he fixed the current problem, he hinted we would both need a bit more fixing. I guess I will call him again.

I like somethings about vista, but these new kinks have me frustrated. I like simplicity, and hate depending on someone geekier than me fixing silly issues such as this.

And it's not just BSW, it's also my email. But since I use gmail, and that program saves my typing every 10 seconds, I don't loose as much as I do when I am here.

Sigh....

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#190961 - 10/01/09 10:48 PM Re: Vista and Losing Text [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Could you try (until you get it worked out) typing your responses in NOTEPAD and the cut and pasting them in here?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved