The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#175408 - 02/22/09 03:52 PM Do you have internet thru your cell phone?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I see more and more of our NewMexicoSoap.com website "lookers" using Verizon as an ISP. Does anyone use their cell phone as internet connections? How is the quality/ease of browsing?

Do you use a keyboard or the same number pad as is used to text?

#175411 - 02/22/09 04:03 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Di]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I don't use my phone for internet, the screens on those things are just way too small. However, I DO have Verizon for my ISP. Keep in mind that many of us have Verizon land line service, so we use their company for our internet as well.

Both my sons have the internet on their phones and seem to have no problem with hit. They use the number pad and their cell phone screens to navigate.

#175421 - 02/22/09 06:01 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have the internet on my phone and use it often. I use the keypad to navigate it and it works just fine! My husband and son have it too.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#175434 - 02/22/09 09:17 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have it but don't use it. Enough already. Maybe it's because I work online so when I'm away from the internet I like the break.

Our youngest uses the internet on his phone and has no probelms. Everything on the phone is way too small for me. I have a hard enough time seeing the letters to text, but I do.

Anyone text? I do it with my kids and Ross lots. I got hooked when my FIL was in the hospital and Ross would text me to keep me up to date if I wasn't there with him. Now I text for all kinds of stupid reasons. If I know the kids are up to something neat or differetn, I'll text to see how it's going. I love it. Texted our son who was shooting a short film in Brooklyn yesterday:

How's it going?

Incredibly smooth...was his reply.

It gave me a boost to know things were right in his world.

Imagine when we were in our 20s and living away from home. The only way we could be in touch with home was long distance phone calls. This alone makes me love this new technology!

#175435 - 02/22/09 09:17 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
OR how about soldiers who stay in touch with loved ones? You gotta love it!

Edited by Dotsie (02/22/09 09:18 PM)

#175437 - 02/22/09 09:25 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
We don't text and, in fact, restricted our plan to not receive them either. We'd rather talk. The texting is way too time-consuming for us and right...it's hard to navigate the small buttons. It costs more to send/receive texts than our calling plans.

Just not for us. I type enough as it is w/online business, this site and my own site. I get tired of letters. I want VOICEs!!!!!

#175477 - 02/23/09 12:13 AM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think once we learn how to use these wonderful inventions properly then they are fun and even time and money saving, but if you're like me, a 'dah' about them, then they are just a pain in the butt!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175840 - 02/26/09 04:35 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I use my iPhone.. and it comes with Internet connection. Safari. My keypad is on my screen and the numbers zoom "larger" as my finger brushes over them so they're easy to hit.

I also text. But, not as much. We limit our texting as we only get so many a month and we don't want to pay for anything over our limit.

I really like getting my e-mail on my iPhone. And, if it has hyperlinks, I can go directly to them into the Internet without having to wait until I get home to get to my computer.

And yes, it can be used for fun too. I can watch those silly YouTube videos my husband sends me. :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#175994 - 02/28/09 08:25 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
do have it on my phone but don't use it as iv no provision within my contract and its a lot without the free gb.

i text relient i am afraid. i refused to have a mobile untill 13 yrs ago and had it in car when i took A out. never switched it on.

9-13 yrs ago work MADE mE lol and din't have it on unless i was out at nights ...some frends pointed out "why id have it and never have it ongrrrr"

then about 9 yrs ago a good good frend presented me with a paygo and insited i had it on, she text and call as it was her only phone. That was my dowenfall, now i have 2 phones one for all people and one only few people have number too so if i don't want to talk then imp people can get me and the rest get the message option becouse its switched off, or that was the plan, its seldom off.

i text with both my tumbs like a proper 20 something (yea embarising)take pictures, (now more poeerfull pixelk wise than my camera) video everything as iv always got it and i never know when L gonna performe, My LIFE is in it as its my diery/schedule now as well, i have GPS in case i get lost, i love them. if i started with internet i would get neck straine.

i never though of the sholders and familys, that a certine blesing.

oh samsun had a hard metal casing slihtly oversized phone BUY it had massive buttons smile i did't get it and whished i did now lol.

#176378 - 03/05/09 06:38 PM Re: Do you have internet thru your cell phone? [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I tend to text a lot too. Unlimited texting in my family plan. I check the news on my phone, keep my contacts there, and all sorts of things.

It helps me since my injury and surgery because I can use little effort with my fingers to get my message accross. I also have different rings for close friends so I know who is calling and whether to answer it. My phone helps to organize my life.

I use a palm pilot too, alot. I use it for alarms, scheduling, and information I need to remember. I also have my entire address book on my palm. I like to use the palm separately so I can look things up while on my phone.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved