The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120875 - 06/10/07 03:25 AM printers
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I know that basic printers are pretty much the same -- not multi fax/copy machines, or high quality photo printers -- just plain old printers for text docs.

So here's my problem:
I HATE DELL!!!
Specifically, their crappy free-with-computer printer that, every time I change the ink cartridge, acts like there is no ink cartridge, and gums up my whole computer so I have to reboot. And then it still doesn't recognize that there's a cartridge in there, and gums up again.

I HATE DELL!!!
This is the 2nd time this has happened. Last time I was in tech chat for an hour, and was finally led to a page to download something, and it worked. A freaking hour to get my Dell printer to recognize its stupid overpriced Dell ink cartridge.

And it happened again today. Only this time, I was in tech help for an hour, and nothing was solved. Nada zilcho zip. So I downloaded the driver updates, and still nuttin'.

I should not have to go through this crap every time I change ink. My time is too valuable. And I still can't print anything because my computer can't find the cartridge. Trust me, putting it in is pretty fool-proof.

So now I'm thinking -- how many more hours can I throw out of my life, just to put in a stupid ink cartridge? As in -- maybe I should buy another printer? Might be easier than this garbage.

So my question to you is -- who has had GOOD luck with their printer company? No unfixable software glitches. No hours on tech chat.

All I want is a simple no-frills printer, with no headaches.

Poet and essayist

#120876 - 06/10/07 09:11 AM Re: printers [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
How does that song go? Maybe you got a farmer in the Dell?
tee hee....

#120877 - 06/10/07 11:22 AM Re: printers [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Meredith, I have an HP Printer and it doesn't have any bells or whistles. Not even fax capability. But I love it. I've never had a problem whatsoever with it. Every once in a while, a storm will come through and I'll have to unplug it and plug it back up, that resets it and I'm good to go.

Its a HP PFC 1510 All-In-One Printer. (Printer, scanner, copier)

#120878 - 06/10/07 11:37 AM Re: printers [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
We have a fairly new (bought in March)Epson Stylus CX5000 series printer/scanner/copier and haven't had any problems with it. Before that, we had a Lexmark and never had any problems with it either. The only reason we updated to the Epson was because we got a new computer and the Lexmark wasn't compatible with it(do they do that on purpose?) I think if I were you I'd be writing to Dell and/or making some phone calls and seeing if I could get them to replace it or even maybe be thinking about replacing it myself......you can get some good deals on printers these days. Who wants to go thru all that every time you have to replace an ink cartridge??

#120879 - 06/10/07 11:46 AM Re: printers [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I had a Lexmark before my HP and I wouldn't give you a nickle for it. That was the worse printer I've ever had and I had nothing BUT problems with it. A friend told me they were made by IBM. At any rate, their technical support were horrible, rude, and remind me of AOHell (AOL) in their manners...or lack thereof.

#120880 - 06/10/07 12:24 PM Re: printers [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I've always had HPs and had good results with them...usually wear them out! LOL! I currently have the HP all in one that includes the fax, scanner, copier and printer...5610v

They've gotten really inexpensive...under $150 for a good all in one...the first one I bought several years ago was $600...but it lasted several years...and several moves...

#120881 - 06/10/07 12:26 PM Re: printers [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

When this one dies, I will DEFINITELY get the one with the "fax" capability. Amen!

#120882 - 06/10/07 05:07 PM Re: printers [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I hate my Dell too. Right now, it will print pictures but not words. What is up with that?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120883 - 06/10/07 05:31 PM Re: printers [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dianne...it must have heard that a picture's worth a thousand words...LOL...I crack me up...what...you aren't laughing...

#120884 - 06/11/07 02:09 AM Re: printers [Re: Jane_Carroll]
ktri Offline

Another vote for HP. I have had two of them. No problems. Downloading the latest drivers is easy and cartridges last pretty well. Mine is a 3650. No frills. Just a printer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved