The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#180064 - 04/13/09 01:30 AM How many have read...
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
The Five Love Languages? Did it help?

#180065 - 04/13/09 02:29 AM Re: How many have read... [Re: Dee]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I have read it. Help? Well, at the moment it did. And he knows my language(s)..all five. So, I'm extra needy I guess.

And I know his.....but I forget them most of the time.

So, did it help....yes, if you put it to good use!

#180067 - 04/13/09 04:10 AM Re: How many have read... [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It was suggested to us and Larry read it in 4 days...we've been together 5 years, married 3.5 of those years. I like receiving gifts...(my 2nd love language)...doesn't have to be monetary...picking a handful of wild flowers and bringing them to me fills me up and I've told him how important that is to me since we've known each other and he never really 'got' it...when he did it that might last for about a week then it would stop. It wasn't until we took the test in the book and he saw in writing what my love languages are that he finally got it...wow...what a difference. The fist week he made me 'gift certificates'...so sweet because he made them up himself and surprised me with them...the next week, flowers...the next week, Godiva chocolates smile , the next week a surprise card, and last week flowers, again. Now, once a week he surprises me with something. I understand, too, what his love language is and although I've pretty much been doing it, I try to say speak more often my apprecation for what my hubby does for our home and things that he does like the gardening, etc. It's amazing what this one little book can do for an already good marriage...made it even better. If he takes out the garbage I make sure to thank him...I think men, in general, want to know they're appreciated and it's Larry's 2nd love language. We were mutual on our fist love language, which is touch...no surprise there.
We gave our book to Larry's son, Grady and Michelle, our DIL. Michelle told me she and Grady have been sharing the book and although Grady's not as responsive as his dad is with me, Grady's making an effort to make a difference in his marriage to Michelle.
I heard Elizabeth Hasselbeck talk about that book one morning on "The View"...so, I was wondering how many women shared it with their hubby/partner and if they had results.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved