The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#120707 - 06/08/07 08:04 PM Survey on wives/mothers
sues Offline

This is a fun 10-minute survey, I swear. I'm gathering research for a book on women and how they feel about their husbands, how they feel about being wives, how they feel about being mothers, etc. It's all completely anonymous and easy to fill out. It's at http://www.americanwomenattitudes.com or http://www.americanwomenattitudes.com/boomers. I'm a boomer (1962) and I have found that all the surveys I received from Boomer women were so rich in content, I really want to have more input from them. The advice for other women was incredible. I already have 400 surveys and wanted a few dozen more from women baby boomers. Could you please check it out and participate if you can/want to? I'll eventually post some of the interesting stats so you can get a sense for the kind of information I'm receiving. Sue

#120708 - 06/09/07 02:00 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: sues]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sue,
Has this survey been run by Dotsie, the owner of this forum? If not, we would kindly ask that you do so. This way we know if someone is legit or not. We are very wary of clicking on links from outside sources that we know have not been verified. I'm sure you understand. Thank you so much! And it would be nice if you would tell us a bit about yourself. We're always glad to welcome new members and hope that you've joined to be a part of this community and participate. WELCOME!

#120709 - 06/09/07 02:03 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ps---in looking over your site, I see this statement and if I'm not mistaken, this means you give our email addresses to other parties....correct?

If you provide personally identifiable information to this site, it will never be associated with your questionnaire. However if you sent us your email address or any other information for updates, it may be sent to contractors we use to support our business), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to treat it in accordance with this Privacy Policy and use it for the same purposes;

#120710 - 06/09/07 02:07 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: jawjaw]
sues Offline

Yes, legally it means if we ever "go the distance," publish, become famous, etc. we can eventually sell that list. However, you are not required to give us an email address to complete the survey. NO contact information whatsoever has to be associated with the survey unless you voluntarily give it. That's not the main focus here. Input to the survey questions is.

#120711 - 06/09/07 02:10 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: sues]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
Please be mindful of this. Sue is being very honest and open about it all, so we thank her for doing so! I'm not sure that Dotsie knows about this, so just beware, is all I'm saying.

Thank you Sue for taking the time to answer us!

#120712 - 06/09/07 03:06 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm Canadian,....so why bother even participating. After all you will claim american women's attitudes.

#120713 - 06/10/07 01:48 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: jawjaw]
sues Offline

Yes, I've spoken to Dotsie several times about the survey. I'm a woman, a marketer and a researcher and this book has really become a passion on mine. I honestly saw tremendous input from boomer women and want more. As women who have lived through marriages (and its ups and downs), possibly divorces, children and whatever else life has thrown our way, we have experienced things that younger women could not have and those experiences could benefit others. Check out the survey. If it's not interesting to you or makes you uncomfortable, leave it. If anyone has questions you can email or even call me: 678-462-9460.

#120714 - 06/10/07 10:34 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers [Re: sues]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, I knows about this. I corresponded with Sue and told her that when she posted this link to include the fact that I told her it was okay. I guess she forgot. And Sue is right. You do NOT have to give your email address, country, race, income, or any ohter identifying information to fill out the survey. However, you can if you want.

#120715 - 06/17/07 02:36 PM Re: Survey on wives/mothers
sues Offline

Thanks to those of you who filled out a survey. There have only been a few, but as I thought, the information is great. I'd love to know if, as I'm writing this book proposal/book, women would be willing to let me bounce some ideas off of them. As the surveys come in and I analyze the research, I'm surprised about some of the findings, but I don't know if they would be surprising to everyone. It would be great to get some other women's perspectives. Let me know if you'd be willing to give me some feedback. For example:
Are you surprised that of all the women surveyed, 41% have secrets from their spouses?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted starting: 06/17/07 02:35 PM
View the results of this poll.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved