The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107507 - 02/12/07 05:46 PM so why do they love you?
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
So you got married or live with a long term or short term partner...hope i have covered every type of relashionship their is in the forum

I have a wee question becouse as usule I am full of them. (i said them not it ok!)

How have you poitivly (now) contributed to the life of your parner?...Do you know one or some of the reasons they love you for. And are they the same thing....

you start i join in iv just got a little bashfull lol

oh and please feel free to show off your better qualities unashamidly and without reserve

#107508 - 02/12/07 06:15 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Celtic, you want to know why my husband loves me?

Oh gosh, I have no idea. Wait a sec. I'll go ask him.
I'm back.
He doesn't know…and now thinks he may have to see a head doctor. Gee, thanks Celtic.

Ha hahahah…

I'm guessing now. -- but I think he likes the fact that I'm non-conservative, spontaneous, hot temperament (in many ways), worldly, and would go out and steal horses with him.

But oddly enough, those very same qualities also drive him crazy. Sometimes I think he wishes he had a conservative, garden digging, jam making, pullover knitting, forever roast beef cooking wife, (and that naked, … with nothing but an apron on.) (I wouldn't be caught deade doing that now).

You know how that saying goes …"watch what you wish for".

#107509 - 02/12/07 06:35 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: celtic_flame]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I know why I think he should love me, but I suspect he's coming from somewhere totally different.

20 years of marriage and in many ways we are still strangers to each other.

#107510 - 02/12/07 06:37 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Edelweiss]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I guess I'd have to say we compliment each other because as people we have a lot in common but even more so we are opposites. I'm not even sure that made any sense...LOL

#107511 - 02/12/07 07:12 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: TVC15]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Great question. I believe my guy loves me because I love to laugh and have fun. My laugh also irritates him sometimes; I think he wishes I would be miserable more often (misery loves company).

He likes that I am quick and a self starter. He also likes my spontanity and desire to socialize. He is rather shy, tho, so this also is a bit irritating to him at times.

I am loose with money and he is tight. We have struggled through this, but I believe we have found a happy compromise.

I also think he loves me because I adore him so much and hold him in my heart all the time. We respect each other, like each other and enjoy each others company.

#107512 - 02/12/07 07:32 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
I sit here quite the girl...knowing with great confidence why I am loved by Celtic(who just tried to wrestle the keyboard from me )....she leaves for the kitchen to make us a hot drink...going...'mawhahaha'!!!!
I am loved enough..well, because! Just because...k!
I also now know that I have been good for my partner in ways I would have doubted in the past...and will elaborate further!
I feel a poem comming on...bbl when I am done.

Popea

Edited by Popea (02/12/07 07:36 PM)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#107513 - 02/12/07 10:20 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great question and funny answers. You all make me laugh.

I think my hubby loves me because I am fun and adore the heck out of him, therefore making him feel good about himself which allows him to be a great husband, father, son, son-in-law, brother, uncle, friend, etc. I have a little Lucy in me and he gets a kick out of that.

#107514 - 02/12/07 11:22 PM Re: so why do they love you?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My hub loves me because I keep him entertained and off-balance and he never knows what color my hair will be when he comes home.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#107515 - 02/13/07 03:34 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Dianne]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
My husband said (after I asked) he loves me because I'm a good mix. I asked him to explain further and he claims I'm not fanatical about anything. I know and can figure out most anything. I'm not an extreme anything, but have a little of everything. I wonder if these are the same things he saw in me from the beginning. Haven't asked that question yet.

#107516 - 02/13/07 04:22 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Jeez, ...I will be partially bashful..

We both know why we are compatible cause he and I have talked about this from time to time.

I'm a horrible procrastinator, but really that's more me delaying action on a major decision that I made awhile ago. So he loves me for being focused, for my independent viewpoint, that I am not totally reliant on him for my own definition of self and interests (he truly wants a woman that isn't constantly stuck to him like superglue), ..and well, list gets more bashful, private Ok?

I know that I am quite different in personality and focus, from his ex. Yes, she and I have met on several occasions. And no, I wouldn't feel close to her as a female friend. She is quite different in orientation and interests. Her temperment might be gentler than mine, this I would concur.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved