The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#97746 - 12/05/06 02:47 AM a good husband
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Tonight when my husband came home from work he was full of one-word answers. "How was your day?" I asked. "Fine," he said. "Did you eat yet?" I asked. "Yes," he said. His day off is Tuesday. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" I asked. "What do you want to do?" he responded. "Let's get the tree!" I said. "Sure," he responded. After a while of this, I asked him "Are you sick of me, mad at me, or bored to death?" and he said, "What's that supposed to mean?" And I said, "You have an attitude." He said, "I don't have an attitude." HE DID, HE DID, HE DID HAVE AN ATTITUDE. "I'm going to watch football," he said. He disappeared to his zone in front of the TV. A half hour later, he emerged. "What made you ask those questions?" he asked. I said, "Well, honey, you were acting weird." He said, "I love you. I'm not sick of you. I'm not mad." Then we went on to discuss how much reassurance I need. And how he was there to reassure me. He could have just ignored me, or told me I was being ridiculous. But he didn't. He met my needs. Now that's a good husband!

#97747 - 12/05/06 03:01 AM Re: a good husband [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Sigh. Sigh of solidarity. Sigh of quiet joy for you. Just a nice sigh.

(Maya Angelou)

#97749 - 12/05/06 03:45 AM Re: a good husband [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, be sure to tune into BWS on Christmas. A six pack is going to jump right out of the screen for you.

Lynnie, how thoughtful of him to come back and pick up where he needed left off. Enjoy getting your tree! I'm so grateful you got a winner this time around.

#97750 - 12/05/06 05:30 AM Re: a good husband
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I am so happy to say I have an absolutely wonderful, God-loving, sexy, handsome 50 year old husband who loves me and I love him with a passion!!!

We are total opposites in many ways--but his strengths are my weaknesses and vice versa. That's the balance of the realtionship.

I thank God every day for him. I'm also glad I married my first husband so I can truly appreciate who I have now!!!

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#97751 - 12/05/06 08:15 AM Re: a good husband [Re: bamgibbs]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
CLONE HIM ! You'll make millions.

#97752 - 12/05/06 08:19 AM Re: a good husband [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'll be the first in line too...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97753 - 12/05/06 12:17 PM Re: a good husband [Re: chatty lady]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Let me let you in on a secret...I would've never given him a second look 10 years ago. He wouldn't have been my type. Too conservative---too quiet---too easy going---too bottom line....I, on the other hand, am the total opposite.

What I've come to realize is, as I've grown older that's the kind of BALANCE I need in my life. (My ex was just like me---very hyper--all over the place) When I'm over the edge, my new husband reins me back in and points me back in the right direction. He supports me without challenging my ideas. He makes me THINK about what I'm doing but once my mind is made up that I'm going to do it--he jumps right in and gives me the support I need to persevere.

Clone him--NEVER--I need a one of a kind man for a one of a kind woman

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#97754 - 12/05/06 05:10 PM Re: a good husband [Re: bamgibbs]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lynnie, I think too your hubby is a good husband because I just bet you are a good wife. I imagine you both give one another the room to grow, the support to follow your dreams, and the space you need to spout wings. I'm very happy for you.

#97755 - 12/05/06 07:19 PM Re: a good husband [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Awesome support. I think you both handled yourselves very well. My husband picks up my moods instantly and helps me figure out what's wrong or what to do. We also give ourselves a chance to vent (about anything) where the other one sits and listens. Hubby uses it more with me, than I do with him. He has a lot more to complain about when it comes to work.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#97756 - 12/05/06 08:48 PM Re: a good husband [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I think Vicki hit the nail on the head. Give the other a chance to vent. I hate to admit this, but when I get going, Hubby doesn't have a chance, other than listen. But I'm getting better. I listen to him now too, and I really really try to see his side of it. By the time I'm 100 I'll have it down pat…probably because I'll be deaf.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved