The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85915 - 08/23/06 01:16 PM Men putting up with female hormones
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an article about men putting up with their wive's and daughter's hormones. I had to laugh while reading it. All I could think of was my dad who raised four daughters. Between mom's menopause and our puberty, he must have felt like the house was shaking at times.

The article suggested that men don't know how to deal so they chooses to ignore the situation hoping it will disappear. I've got news for them. It won't disappear all that quickly!

Now, who moved my chocolate?

#85916 - 08/23/06 01:30 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Five girls in my family. Daddy said a dirty old man was a man with five daughters and one bathroom, which was what we had for a long time. Can you imagine?

JJ

#85917 - 08/23/06 01:49 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Five girls in my family too. JawJaw, were we separated at birth?

And I have 3 daughters. Now that 2 of them are married, the male/female ratio in the family has evened out. It's nice, but definitely makes a difference!

#85918 - 08/23/06 02:47 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Stop! Really? Were you the middle child like me? Did you get into as much trouble as me? Did you shave the neighbor's dog? Okay, I was framed on that one I tell ya, I was framed!

I have two sons, and so far only one of them is married and he has two daughters....

JJ

#85919 - 08/23/06 06:29 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I was the second daughter, just ahead of the only boy (six kids in all). No, I was the stupid boring one who stayed OUT of trouble most of the time, but that's not my fault. I followed a very dramatic older sister, it was hard to outdo her. All I ever did was torture the younger kids but that hardly counts.

I have 3 daughters and a son. Tell you what, that's a shock when you think you've seen it all as a parent and then God gives you a son.

#85920 - 08/23/06 06:30 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: dejavu]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Ya know, that's something else Boomer Women have in common. We often come from families far larger than you'll see today.

#85921 - 08/23/06 06:45 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Good point and so true, but I have to tell you that our second in line was the terror...she could beat us all up in a heartbeat! I was terrified of her until we had a showdown one day. I WON! We've been best friends every since...teehee.

I think people today have the luxury and public education to look around and see how hard it is to make ends meet, so they opt for either no children, or only one or so. And then again, I also think lots of people want to let it ALL be about them and opt to not have any at all. They just get pets. Whatever cranks your tractor, you know?

The nice thing now about having a large family is that when someone gets sick or needs us, there is always somebody that can come running.

If I left that to my sons, they would have to get one off the lake from fishing, and the other one off the golf course first.

JJ

#85922 - 08/23/06 06:46 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: dejavu]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Y'all: Four girls in my family as well. I am the oldest so I occupy the top rung of the pecking order. And boy, did I rule or what! Talking about large families. Mom and Dad came from families of 10 offsprings. So that makes 36 aunts and uncles (inclusive of spouses). Number of cousins to each couple: minimum of 4 maximum of 10. Altogether, my sisters and I have 16 children, and 10 grandchildren. More girls than boys, so women rule!

#85923 - 08/23/06 08:37 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

How did she add that up so fast? Daddy had nine sisters...Momma has three bros and one sister. Large...large families. All my Aunts on Dad's side are gone though. JJ

#85924 - 08/23/06 09:46 PM Re: Men putting up with female hormones [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm the oldest of 6. 4 boys, 2 girls. For years, I had 3 younger brothers. When the youngest was 10, my mother had my sister. I was 16. Three years later, she had my 4th brother. He just turned 40. He and my sister are almost more like my kids than siblings.

Louisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved