The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5875 - 06/05/04 05:23 PM When We FIrst Met
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I keep a journal ...have done so for many many years. I got a bit sentimental the other day and went back to the one where I first met my husband. I re-read it, discovering again the feelings I had when we first met, the anticipation of our first kiss, the exhiliration of the first time we made love. It was as if I were living it all over again. I couldn't imagine a better way to spend the day. When he got home that afternoon, I told him what I did and then told him how much I loved him and appreciated him. For me, it was a wonderful experience..and an awesome way to renew our love.

Peace.

#5876 - 06/05/04 06:06 PM Re: When We FIrst Met
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee Vicki, what a wonderful day. You should write that into a short story. It might inspire others.
smile

#5877 - 06/06/04 01:02 AM Re: When We FIrst Met
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Better than reading a love story, better then seeing a romantic movie and even better than a dream of romance in which your idael lover suddenly appears before you. None of these things are better then the real memories of the real happenings in your life and the realization that they can occur anytime you wish because they were and are real and so is your love and your lover.....Beautiful!!

#5878 - 06/06/04 02:25 AM Re: When We FIrst Met
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Smile, thanks for the great idea..

Charleen.. beautifully put.

Peace.

#5879 - 06/07/04 08:09 PM Re: When We FIrst Met
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, what a lovely way to rekindle the old sparks.

Your post reminded me of something I've been meaning to do. I saved all the letters my husband and I have written one another through the years. The majority of them were written prior to our marriage when we were living in different locations.

You might find this interesting because of your book Not Without Anna.

I thought it would do me some good to read all those old letters so I could relate to the emotions my teens are experiencing with their relationships. My daughter's been dating her boyfriend for 8 months and they're smitten with one another. [Big Grin]

Maybe reading about when I went through that can help me put things in perspective when she HAS to talk for another half hour on the phone with him! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Eek!]

Their feelings are so intense at this stage of life.

[ June 07, 2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#5880 - 06/07/04 08:24 PM Re: When We FIrst Met
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Oh, Dotsie, definitely re-read those letters.. even if you weren't going to gain some new perspective on your teenagers...

Just the feelings you'll have re-living those emotions will be worth it.

#5881 - 06/07/04 10:31 PM Re: When We FIrst Met
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Vicky.
There is something so special about writing! I too keep the letters and greeting cards, although my husband is not one to write much!But even reading what I wrote for him helps rekindle the flame!

I write poems for him now and then and know that, even when he isn't one to express much of his feelings, it has touched him!

Reliving those sweet moments and memories does wonders! Enjoy each other and keep the flame alive!

#5882 - 06/08/04 03:15 AM Re: When We FIrst Met
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Songbird, your poetry can rekindle the flame as well.

My journal entries are some of my most secret thoughts and feelings. Just re-reading them sends shivers through my body. Sigh. Such a wonderful feeling.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved