The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5849 - 05/12/04 08:06 PM Husband is coming home
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
"My husband is coming home." How many times have I said this in our 27 years of marriage? When I first met him, he was a soldier. He would go on reforgers (6 months) and TDY (1 month) field duty (2wks - 4wks) and training schools (3-6 months).

I was always waiting with anticipation for him to return. I practically raised our two daughters by myself. But, I didn't complain. Although I wasn't perfect, I think they turned out pretty darn good. When he came home, it was always hectic to get enough quality time in for the kids and us.

Now, he is a truck driver. He usually stays out for 1 month and when he comes home, everyone wants to spend time with him. The girls hang on him an the grandkids want him to take them fishing and to the park. By the time he leaves, he and I have had little time to discuss anything other than bills and family.

Because of financial reasons, he has been gone since the end of February. He is coming home next Tuesday and I've made arrangements for us to go away for four days to a cabin resort in the mountains. The kids were a bit dissappointed, but they have come around. I've planned a get together at our house on the day we return for them to be with him and they can hear all about our mini-vacation. He and I are both looking forward to this time alone with peaceful surroundings.

My only concern is that there have been several bear sightings this year. Two vicious attacks. I am deathly afraid of bears. But, I will just stay inside the cabin and I should be fine. I am excited that he is coming home.

#5850 - 05/12/04 08:29 PM Re: Husband is coming home
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Betty, it's so nice to hear someone excited about their spouses homecoming [Big Grin] especially when they've been married so long.

We hear so much male bashing today. Your post is a pleasant change.

You enjoy the heck out of those four days. We'll miss ya but will know you're livin' it up.

#5851 - 05/13/04 03:15 AM Re: Husband is coming home
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Becky you and I have been good friends for sometime now and I know of your fear of bears. [Mad] I may have a solution. If and when you go out into the wilderness, hang Bounce sheets from your pants pockets and your hat...Don't know if it'll work but the sight of that should be so funny the bears will laugh them selves silly. [Big Grin] He,he, sorry couldn't resist. You'll probably never leave the cabin....ooh, and I'm sooo jealous. [Wink]

#5852 - 05/13/04 05:20 AM Re: Husband is coming home
Betty-boop Offline

Chatty,
I was actually thinking about writing you to ask if you thought the bounce would repel bears? LOL
But, You beat me to it. I am taking my gun with me, so I pity any bear that comes near me. I really want to go, but I have heard so many accounts of bears this year that it drives me nuts. My husband said he don't want to hear about any bears. He said they will be more afraid of me than I am of them. Then, may I ask why are there so many bear attacks this year if those bears are so afraid?????

#5853 - 05/13/04 06:59 PM Re: Husband is coming home
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
In all my outdoor classes they told us not to wear perfume when going into bear country. They told us also not to wear deordorant but......
In fact I was told the smellier the better and they won't pay attention to you.
Maggie

#5854 - 05/13/04 08:01 PM Re: Husband is coming home
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think I would wear perfume to attract my husband and carry a gun to repel the bears.

Put the bounce in the dryer.

smile

#5855 - 05/17/04 05:08 AM Re: Husband is coming home
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Bettyboop - have fun on your renewal time with your husband.

This time of year, the fear with bears has to do with sows (females) and their offspring. Sows are, especially, nasty temptered if they feel their young are threatened and young, being young, are apt to wander off which, potentially, allows a human to get between the young and their mother. The mother feels threatened and the human gets hurt. The solution...don't leave the cabin you silly woman! WHY would you want to anyway??? LOL!

#5856 - 05/17/04 10:36 PM Re: Husband is coming home
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'd listen to Thistle. She's one of our main animal connections! Well, her and chatty and agate!

#5857 - 05/18/04 01:21 AM Re: Husband is coming home
Betty-boop Offline

We own a cabin up in Schofield Utah. It doesn't have indoor plumbing, so the bathroom is outside in the outhouse. It is about 50 feet from the cabin. One night, we were there and I had to go to the bathroom. I told my husband and he said, "So go. Take a flashlight with you." I opened the kitchen door to step out on the deck and a MOOSE was standing there looking at me. He screamed, I screamed louder and he took off across the valley. I was so scared I nearly had a heartattack. Luckily there was an empty coffee can in the garbage and I peed in that!!! Now, you think you have to tell me not to venture into the woods?? Not in your life. Bears live in those there woods and so do monster mooses and I don't know what else.

#5858 - 05/18/04 03:21 AM Re: Husband is coming home
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Oh, my goodness!! Thank God for a coffee can, huh?? LOL!!! And thanks for the laugh.

You should write some stories up. You've got the knack for it!

Donna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved