The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#109986 - 03/04/07 06:19 PM New wedding ring
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope it is okay here.
My husband is buying me a new wedding ring for our upcoming anniversary. Yes, I am a lucky girl, I know. But, I have a dilemna. My current engagement ring stone is too small to fit into the settings we have looked at...it just gets lost in them. The jeweler suggested purchasing a new, larger solitaire to go into the new setting, and using my original stone in another ring that I have that my parents gave me for my 21st birthday. I would wear that one as a pinky ring. My husband is fine with doing this, (and we both love how the new ring would look) but I am having a little angst about not utilizing my original stone in the new ring. (I know, this is a stupid worry when so many people have real problems in their lives).
But, that said, what are your thoughts on this? Any suggestions as to how to incorporate the original stone and still make it look okay, or should I just stop stressing about it?

http://www.thefellowshipofthedevastated.com

www.arivaevents.com

#109987 - 03/04/07 06:36 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: WizardofZA]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I think I would feel the same angst about the original ring and stone. That original ring and stone represent the wonderful day when you and he became one. I would try to find a way to incorporate that ring/stone in with the new one.

The new one represents your future - so how nice it would be to combine the two. Somehow, it just doesn't seem like it "deserves" to become a pinky ring....

#109988 - 03/04/07 06:55 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: 49erDonna]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Perhaps a necklace would be nice. Or a bracelet. I think it would be really cool to use it in a toe ring or an ankle bracelet. Perhaps be really outrageous and have it drilled into one of your front teeth. Be hard to forget!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109989 - 03/04/07 07:11 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: Anno]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have a suggestion. Why don't you design your own ring like I did. Go to a reputable jeweler and explain what your concerns about your ring/s are and what you would like. They will help you a lot. That way, you can add what you want, where you want it.

We melted down one a sentimental piece that was precious to us but couldn't be worn as it was very large. We had both engagement and wedding rings made. It is beautiful.

I think it is worth a try to just visit a jeweler and see what he has to offer. They have some sample designs also.

You are a lucky girl.

chick

#109990 - 07/13/07 03:37 AM Re: New wedding ring [Re: chickadee]
turtle Offline

Gawd get a bigger diamond or stone and put the other stone on the side or something. You deserve better jewelry. Screw sentimentality. Go for the gusto. Geeze you only have one live get the best you can sweetie.

#109991 - 09/02/07 03:01 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: turtle]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Why not use the orig stone and then have it encircled with some others smaller stones. Like rubies, emeralds, sapphires ow whatever.

I've had several rings re-designed and enjoy doing that!

#109992 - 09/03/07 05:45 AM Re: New wedding ring [Re: Di]
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I had forgotten about this thread until I just now saw it pop back up into active topics. Thank you all for your great suggestions. As luck would have it, I had a pair of diamond stud earrings that I just didn't wear that much. I took them in to the jeweler and they turned out to be an almost perfect match to my original engagement ring....so......I had the jeweler make a 3 stone ring for me that I now wear as a wedding ring, and my husband bought the ring we had loved from the beginning for me as my "new" wedding ring. I wear them together on my left hand and they look sensational!

http://www.thefellowshipofthedevastated.com

www.arivaevents.com

#109993 - 09/03/07 02:09 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: WizardofZA]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Its nice to hear how this was resolved. I know how the sentiment of the original stone was driving your thoughts and so coming from a sentimental slob like me, I'm happy you found a way to use it!

#109994 - 09/03/07 09:23 PM Re: New wedding ring [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All good things have happy endings, as did this one. Great ending, or should I say, beginning with a new ring.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved