The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 222 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90426 - 10/01/06 07:07 PM in good times and bad
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am giving my hubby a run for his money these past few days. Wow. I haven't been able to do a darn thing with my leg locked in the straight position in this brace. I'm so glad he's decided to stick with me through thick and thin.

When this is all over, I am going to have to take him out for a nice dinner or something. He hasn't had a second to himself this weekend. I thought I wouldn't mind being high maintenance, but I really do. I'd much rather do for myself.

#90427 - 10/01/06 08:36 PM Re: in good times and bad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes Dotsie but I bet you've been there for so many others including Ross that now he is having the pleasure of doing for you. You aren't the only one who likes helping others, he does to I bet. Let him spoil you now and you can spoil him later, whahoo!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90428 - 10/02/06 12:25 PM Re: in good times and bad [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I should have known you would post something like that. After all, you are the one who has helped many in these forums with their marriages.

#90429 - 10/02/06 04:11 PM Re: in good times and bad
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie. You're a giver. I'm a giver too. You like to do things yourself. It's hard to accept the help of someone else, and it's frustrating being so helpless.

Hang in there. Ross is an angel for being patient and understanding and helping you in your time of need. That's what a marriage is all about. Sometimes you're the giver. Sometimes he is. Just don't keep score. Not a good way to grow a successful marriage.

As for treating him. Does he have any hobbies? Maybe you can give him a "day off" to go play or indulge. Does he like to golf? Maybe a gift certificate at his favorite golf store. Does he have his eye on something he's been wanting for a long time?

I guess that's enough suggestions. heehee. Sometimes I can go a bit overboard.

Enjoy your downtime and get rest. It's what you need to heal.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#90430 - 10/02/06 10:30 PM Re: in good times and bad [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki, I've decided to give into this whole pain medicine thing. It knocks me out, but without it, I am miserable. I go back to the doctor and the physical therapist Wednesday. Until, I'm taking life easy.

I'm thinking I'll take Ross on an overnight when we get this behind us. I'm going to surprise him. He loves to get away so I think he'll love it. I can schedule it so it doesn't have to interfere with his work.

I'm also want to take Dad out for a crab cake. He's been hanging out when Ross isn't around. He's so easy to have around.

#90431 - 10/03/06 06:25 PM Re: in good times and bad
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Going away on an overnight as a surprise sounds like a good reward.

You're so thoughtful to think of your dad as well.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#90432 - 10/04/06 07:11 PM Re: in good times and bad [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki, I can't help it. He is so helpful. We often talk about caring for our parents, but I've got to tell ya...he's cared more for my family and me than we have since Mom died. It's his nature.

#90433 - 10/04/06 08:24 PM Re: in good times and bad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I was kind of mad at my dad when he and mom split up but I knew he was mentally ill. Then he married that woman and she and all her kids (9) took over his life. He never saw my second son or the first son either since he was a baby. I just thought a terrible thing,(lightbulb moment) my sons never had a Grandfather. My husband was 22 years my senior and his parents had been dead for sometime. Wow, what a bummer that is. Dotsie, you and the kids are so fortunate to have your dad there and him still able to interact with you all. Bless his heart.

Edited by chatty lady (10/04/06 08:26 PM)

#90434 - 10/05/06 01:22 PM Re: in good times and bad [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks chatty. I'm sorry to hear your dad left and married someone with nine kids. With that many, I imagine they did take over his life. Have the boys ever mentioned missing out on having a grandfather?

#90435 - 10/05/06 11:36 PM Re: in good times and bad
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No they never did and actually I never even thought of it either before this subject was posted. I guess since he was never there they never missed him. Sad when you think about it. I was so close to my gramps on my mothers side...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved