The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88139 - 09/12/06 02:50 PM Help me to understand this, please
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
First of all, i am not wanting to do any male bashing....

But, why is it that men do not "see"it when they spill something...and not clean it up?

DH will spill coffee grounds on the counter and it will sit there until i clean up!

or crumbs from his toast...always there until I clean it up!

or, he leaves dishes outside after the dogs have "cleaned' them...until I pick them up!

My DH is not a lazy man...a hard, diligent worker...grew up on a Kansas farm etc.

Can anyone help me...preferrably with a Christian "lesson"??

#88140 - 09/12/06 03:14 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Di]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Di, even though I'm one of the ones always bringing Scripture into this I don't have a clue why they do this--and I don't have a good scripture for you except, Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5

Perhaps we should look at it from the spiritual battle side. The enemy is always out there looking for ways to destroy your marriage--because it is the image of the relationship God longs to have with us (the close intimate communication part) So the enemy will look for ways to cause conflict in a marriage. And it usually is the small things that add up and cause problems. We can usually see big things coming and avoid them, but just keep piling up those little things until one day, you get so angry it causes a big fight and the enemy has won.

Perhaps viewing these things from this perspective will give you a new insight on how to pray about them and instead of nagging, prayer can effect a more permanent and peaceful solution.

I know, I know, wringing his neck sounds much better at the moment but take a deep breath.....

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#88141 - 09/12/06 03:56 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: starting over]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I try to do this myself, but usually fail miserably - when you clean up the crumbs, just think "I'm cleaning these crumbs for Jesus". None of us would complain about that although I'm SURE Jesus would never leave His crumbs for someone else to clean!
I agree with starting over. The enemy wants to destroy our marriages because marriage and family are the analogy of the God/man relationship.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#88142 - 09/12/06 05:23 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Bluebird]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Why do they clean up with a dripping wet rag that leaves streaks too? If they do clean up at all! And, replacing the toilet paper roll...forget it!

Okay, from a Christian perspective...consider what you would miss about him if he passed. You would probably give anything to clean up his messes. That's my two cents anyway.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#88143 - 09/12/06 05:41 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I wonder if some of it has to do with somebody always having done it for them throughout their lives....mothers, sisters, wives, daughters. My husband was the youngest of 15 children and had no father, and his mother was a midwife - those kids had to fend for themselves much of the time. Interestingly enough, he doesn't do these sorts of things - if he sees a mess, he usually cleans it up right away, including dishes, counters and getting the vacuum out! The only thing he forgets is to clean up the outside of the blender or food processor when he makes homemade soup. And he doesn't replace the toilet paper. But he does just about everything else on his own without being reminded or asked to do it.

But I know so many other men, including single men, who leave their messes for "someone else" to clean up...and I know most of those men well enough to know that when they were growing up, it was their Mother, sister or girlfriend/wife (and daughter for a couple of them) who did/does clean up after them, so they've never learned to do it for themselves.

I think it has something to do with maturity too - I know that because hubby used to do everything, I often would catch myself leaving something for him to clean up. Until one day I asked myself why I would do that, just assume that he would want to clean it up any more than I do. Since then, I don't leave anything for anyone else to do if I see that something needs to be done and I can do it myself...it does make me feel more mature than when I was leaving it for someone else to clean up.

(Maya Angelou)

#88144 - 09/12/06 07:28 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Eagle Heart]
Bluebird Offline

I think part of it is also, they really DON'T see it! They are oblivious.

#88145 - 09/12/06 08:45 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Bluebird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am not trying to be a smart a-- here Di, but just clean up the mess's. It's part of being married and some things never change. You will be the only one freting and stewing about it so don't bother, just do it. I believe the wedding vows should be: I so-and-so take this man to be my lawful wedded husband, to have, to hold, to clean up after, for richer, for poorer, blah, blah, blah! Well you get the idea....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#88146 - 09/12/06 08:56 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: chatty lady]
Bluebird Offline

...to listen to snore...

#88147 - 09/13/06 04:52 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please [Re: Bluebird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a twist and I don't know if this will work, but here goes.

I have a friend who hated the fact that her husband always put his shirts inside out in the hamper. One day while disgustingly folding laundry while he watched, she said,"I am so sick of turning all these shirts on the right side every single time I fold them. Don't you think I have better things to do with my time?"

To which he replied, "I never thought about it. I just rip them off and put them in the hamper. Not a big deal. From now on, I'll reverse them."

Hard to believe, huh?

But perhaps all you need to do is mention it when it's not an issue. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

#88148 - 09/13/06 08:32 PM Re: Help me to understand this, please
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
This is funny. My huband usually washes all his own clothes, but his were mixed in with mine recently, but I simply hang them up as I find them. He asked why I hung up his shirts inside out and twisted. I just told him that to straighten them out wasn't my policy. We got a good laugh about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved