The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83107 - 07/19/06 01:03 AM Body Heat
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I know, you think this is about sex, don't ya?

Do any of you have this problem? My husband's bodily thermostat is so different from mine. In the car, during the Winter, he says I keep it so hot in the car, his shoes are going to melt to the floorboard. In the Summer, I say he keeps the car so cold, my arms are going to turn blue and fall off.

In our flat, we are constantly sneaking behind the other's back, adjusting the thermostat. He freezes me and the dog! She's getting under covers to get warm. I'm getting ready to change the thermostat and get it above sub-zero, right after I post this.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#83108 - 07/19/06 02:33 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
You've just described me and my hubby! Although, I must admit, as I get older I seem to be warming up. I can't take as much heat as I used to - but I think I'll always be colder than him in the winter.

We usually get sneaky in the car - like if I'm driving, I'll reach over to pretend to change the radio volume and turn the A/C down... Next thing I know, it's back up again!

We usually joke about it, and now I actually bring a sweater or light blanket in the car for when he's trying to get the car to sub-zero.

Kathy

#83109 - 07/19/06 08:11 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I am laughing because I have been going through this thermostat thing this summer, but it is with my oldest son. Any time I am freezing, I know he's been at it again.

Sometimes I get my bath too soon before bedtime and my feet get cold before I tuck in. On those nights, I stick my freezing feet under Ross' legs and it doesn't bother him. He is definitely a hottie!

#83110 - 07/20/06 03:29 PM Re: Body Heat
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The hub and I used to pretend to be adjusting the radio and click on the other's car seat heater and we'd be riding along, breaking out in a sweat. We had to finally call a truce and stop it.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#83111 - 07/20/06 04:10 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I like sleeping in a freezing cold room, so never had that prob when I was married. Our thing was while traveling, he would turn on the radio, then turn the volumn down so low you had to put your ear to the radio to hear it. What was the point? I fixed him though....I finally figured out that if I started singing, I mean really belting out a tune, he would turn up the radio in self defense....what a moron.

JJ

#83112 - 07/20/06 04:18 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
JJ, you crack me up!

#83113 - 07/20/06 09:50 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Some of the joys of being SINGLE, no one to mess with the thermostat or the water temp settings, or the TV or the radio and on and on and gloriously, thankfully and blissfully on...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83114 - 07/29/06 11:00 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

I guess you girls don't suffer from those hot flashes!! I have the central air down to the freezing point and even have a fan blowing on my head at night along with it. My husband thinks I am nuts. The car is always on the Lo cycle of the a/c and I blow it in my face all the way to work each day! Then, when the flash stops I begin to freeze....this is my life all day, every day! When does it stop???? Help!

#83115 - 07/29/06 11:16 PM Re: Body Heat [Re: Pam R.]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
If I stay up after Steve goes to bed, my feet, legs, knees are always cold. I snuggle up and get'em warm. We turn the thermo down to 65 at nite. When it's 96F at 3 a.m. ya gotta do something.

But he has some awesome inner motor, that his body adjusts to whatever degree it is. So we set the thermo at what I want/need and leave it.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83116 - 07/31/06 08:10 AM Re: Body Heat [Re: JaMaPh]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
HI Pam R. those hot flashes are behind me...(happy dance) ...but I had a remedy that def. helped me through. I took a green pill once a day... a Chinese natural remedy..no side effects...for the life of me I can't remember the name, but maybe your drugstore can help you further. They were just natural herbs. I've heard that Chinese women never get hot flashes because of their diet. I wonder if that's true.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved