The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7643 - 01/30/06 09:54 AM How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I got this question from another fun place to be.

How did you meet your husband or significant other? What attracted you to him, etc? It will be fun to read everyone's replies!

#7644 - 01/30/06 11:27 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
kidogo Offline

Loc: New York
I met mine on the internet! I was in another group at that time. I had read some of his posts and I liked the kind of things he did at work. So, I posted "Thank you for what you do" and he sent me an email with undulating roses. A week later I got 2 dozen long stemmed red roses delivered to my door. Needless to say, I was hooked on this man and still am. We've been together for a year and a half. We got married last May.

#7645 - 01/30/06 04:29 PM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
I picked mine up in a bar! It's not what you're thinking, though. I was there for a going away party for a friend. DH was there because his old music teacher was the lead singer/guitarist in the band.
When this slimeball wouldn't leave me alone, my DH stepped in and gently, but very firmly, explained to the other guy,
"She's with me." (We'd never even met!)
After the other guy left, he said he hoped I didn't mind him butting in, and I ended up thanking him for rescuing me. We started talking (mostly about how much he missed his mom and dad in Chicago)and we kept on talking until the place closed down. We exchanged numbers, but I really didn't expect much since we lived in towns about 30 miles apart.
Well, we talked on the phone (long distance no less!) for up to 6 hours a night every night that next week. On the weekend, we had our first real date.
What I found out a little later was that he went home the very night he met me and wrote his mom a letter.
Apparently, he more than mentioned me, because when his mom got the letter, she read it to DH's sister and told her, "He's gonna marry this one."
He did--a quarter century ago.

#7646 - 01/31/06 01:39 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
The young man that was to take me to my Senior Prom got his notice to report for duty in San Francisco to be inducted into the Army and be sent to Viet Nam.
My roommate told me that her boyfriend had a friend that would take me as a blind date.
She took me over to his "little cottage" to meet him.
It was early in the morning and we didn't know that he would still be asleep from working the graveyard shift at the mill where he was employed at the time. He was going to College part time.
The front door had a window in it with no blind or curtains.
She knocked on the door, and out came my future husband in his Jockey's, rubbing his eyes.
He thought we were his buddy(my roommates boyfriend)coming over to get him to go to the drag races in another town.
When he saw us at the door, he ran back into his bedroom, and came out fully dressed with a very red face.
Even tho' our marriage of 41 years has gone down the drain, I will never, ever forget that first meeting!
Lynne

#7647 - 01/31/06 02:20 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
No fair Diamond, you didn't share your story.

I met my hubby when my family moved in down the street from his family's house. I was 15, he was 17 we've been together ever since.

#7648 - 01/31/06 03:09 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
My first husband introduced me to my second husband.....go figure! My "ex" told me about him and he sounded like a fun person so I told my "ex" he could give David my phone number - owned his own home, had his own airplane, loved travel and reading (complete opposite of my "ex). We spoke several times on the phone before we actually met and the rest...as they say....is history! Two years later we were married and have been happily married 15 years.

#7649 - 01/31/06 03:47 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What a blast...meeting one husband through the other. There must be a book in there somewhere. Do you and David socialize with the ex? This is just to cool Pam!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#7650 - 01/31/06 03:50 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
Pattycake Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I was working as secretary in a Prenatal Clinic for the local hospital. One day, a woman came into the clinic. It was someone I'd met years earlier. She was taking her daughter to the skin doctor and they went in the wrong door. She was surprised to see me and started asking all about me. I showed her the doctor's office across the hall and I didn't think anymore about it.
I found out later that when she got home, she called her father, who also worked at the hospital and told him to call me for a date. He got together some brochures on mammography and brought them to the clinic, explaining that he was looking for a certain doctor.
When he got back to his office, he called me for a date. We've been married now for 11 years.

#7651 - 01/31/06 03:57 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I was introduced to mine at a party, by a mutual friend. A few days later , she called him and asked if he wanted to go out with Jackie. After that date, he told me that he thought she was fixing him up with another girl named Jackie, that we both knew, but he was happy it was me.
I like to tease him that he married the wrong one... [Razz]

#7652 - 01/31/06 05:02 AM Re: How Did You Meet Your Husband or Significant Other?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
These stories are fun to read! Chatty, my "ex" and David weren't really close friends - just acquaintances so we didn't really socialize. One funny thing is that my husband worked with the girl that my "ex" wound up marrying.....they are divorced now but David and I are still together!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved