The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6494 - 06/13/05 03:39 AM sassy, sexy, 60+?
Joan Price Offline

Loc: Sebastopol, CA
Thanks, Dotsie, for inviting me to post this message here:

Wanted: Interviews with sassy, sexy women, age 60+, who are willing to share feelings and experiences openly and anonymously in a candid, upbeat, woman-to-woman book titled Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After 60 by Joan Price (Seal Press, 2006). For more info and to contact author, see http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm .

If you decide you'd like to participate, contact me and I'll send you the interview questions as a Word attachment. Choose the questions that apply to you and are fun to answer, and send your answers ASAP. I'm at the end of the interviewing process (June 2005 is the last month), and I don’t want to miss the opportunity to include you.

Please pass this on to your sassy, sexy, 60+ women friends: single, married, divorced, widowed, straight, gay, bi -- all welcome! Thank you!

#6495 - 06/13/05 05:28 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does making a decent living as a phone sex goddess count when your going to be 65 in a couple of weeks??? [Wink] [Cool]

#6496 - 06/13/05 06:09 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
Joan Price Offline

Absolutely! Please contact me -- http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm -- or I'll contact you!

#6497 - 06/17/05 04:45 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am thrilled to announce that I am going to be in Joan Prices book by Seal Press in 2006....I guess it pays to be somewhat excentric in the life you live.... [Wink] [Cool]

#6498 - 06/17/05 06:24 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wuhooo...you go Chatty woman! Congrats! Say...you're on a roll gal. Weren't you just published in a mag last week? No stopping you now!

JJ

#6499 - 06/17/05 07:39 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This is only the beginning for Chatty. I'm sure of it. Next is a best seller for sure. I don't know if being a phone sex goddess is teachable or not, but if so I know some people who are interested.
I have a friend whose husband has brain cancer (I've posted for prayer for him previously). He's had it for a year and a half and he is about the only one to ever have survived this long. He is often hospitalized and his wife who is one of my best friends was talking to me the other day about how he is somewhat sexually impaired, but they are able to have phone sex sometimes when they are separated. He obvioulsy loves her enough to want to meet her sexual needs and she said it was great for her though she didn't understand much about it.
I will buy her a copy of the book when it comes out.
I don't think phone sex is any worse than any other kind of consentual sex. At least there is no chance of pregnancy or disease. Of course I also believe it is adulterous for married men.
Like with my friend, there are probably legitimate reasons for it and it it was understood better, it might help a lot of people, including the wives of the men who secretly participate.
It's an intriguing subject. Keep on writing Chatty. You're living a best seller.
smile

[ June 17, 2005, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#6500 - 06/17/05 06:18 PM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I had a feeling you would reply to that. I bet Joan was happy to hear from you. I'm sure she felt like she struck gold with you.

Seal is one of the publishing houses that was interested, but then declined BWS. I was a little relieved because I didn't think my project was a good match for them. It's a great press, but a too liberal for me. Only my opinion.

#6501 - 06/18/05 07:32 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
Joan Price Offline

Yes, I certainly did "strike gold" with Chatty -- thank you for the connection!

Seal is a great press, and it's very liberal, if that's not the match you wanted. Seal is perfect for my book, and everyone there has been supportive and enthusastic about what I'm writing.

#6502 - 06/17/05 08:45 PM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Way to go, Chatty. Proud of you.

#6503 - 11/27/05 04:14 AM Re: sassy, sexy, 60+?
Joan Price Offline

I am so happy to announce that my book, Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex after Sixty is available a month ahead of the expected release date! I know you'll all be curious about what Chatty Lady said. She wrote under a pseudonym, so good luck guessing which one she is!

Beyond having one of "your own" in the book, I know you'll enjoy the humor, sexiness, and provocative topics in the book. To purchase an autographed copy, go to www.joanprice.com.

I hope you'll also check out my blog, http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com/. My site meter tells me it's getting visitors from all over the world, but very few comment. Perhaps you'll leave a comment!

Thank you, Dotsie, for letting me tell your wonderful group of Boomer Women about this project. It's been an amazing experience connecting with people like Chatty Lady and excerpting their stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved