The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#6035 - 09/10/04 12:30 AM What kind of man...?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I received this in an email and need to share it with you:

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question, "What kind of man are you looking for?" She sat quietly for a
moment before looking him in the eye and asking.

"Do you really want to know?" Reluctantly, he said, "Yes." She began to expound...

As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take
care of my household without the help of any man...or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money.

She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more." I need a man who is striving for
perfection in every aspect of life." He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.

[Roll Eyes] She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't
need a simple-minded man."

[Smile] I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked... believers mixed with
unbelievers is a recipe for disaster.

[Cool] I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't
need a financial burden.

[Razz] I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.

[Wink] I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking
care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a helpmate for man. I can't help a
man if he can't help himself.

When she finished her spill, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You're asking a lot."

She replied, "I am worth a lot."

Ladies, search for that kind of man, never settle for less and don't stop 'til you've found him. Men, strive to become like that man, it'll
do you VERY good!!

...Thank God my search is over...
~Jae.

[ September 10, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#6036 - 09/10/04 01:27 AM Re: What kind of man...?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This is sooo true Songbird. If you settle for less, then quityourbellyackin cause less is what you get.

So many women will take/date/marry this man or that to help pay the bills, to have a father-figure around, to do home repairs, or just because they can't be alone. While this meets their needs, it isn't love and I think it diminishes what true love is all about. Then it becomes a bargain, a trade-off. I think it's sad.

You are worth WHAT YOU THINK you are worth!

JJ

#6037 - 09/10/04 06:14 PM Re: What kind of man...?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We were so young when we first married. We were clueless about true love. Don't you think?

We thought we knew it all, just like our kids think they know it all now. [Big Grin]

#6038 - 01/18/05 07:31 AM Re: What kind of man...?
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
Songbird this was beautiful I wish I had and read this before I met my first husband , now I'm on the right track with the one I am with now ,

#6039 - 01/18/05 08:02 AM Re: What kind of man...?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Amen, Sister!

#6040 - 01/19/05 08:41 AM Re: What kind of man...?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Being so young, we don't have a clue what we really want.. we only grab at superficial entities. As we grow older, we grow wiser. We realize what truly makes us happy and we're more particular about what we want. Maybe there should be a rule that says you can't marry until after 30?

I'm eternally grateful that my husband came into my life when he did. The timing was perfect. If he'd come into my life earlier, I wouldn't have been at the point to appreciate him as much as I do now.

#6041 - 01/19/05 06:21 AM Re: What kind of man...?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Vicki,

I feel the same way about my husband, we have been married for 11 1/2 years and I am happier with him then at any time in my life. He's #1!

Sherri

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved