The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#5555 - 08/27/03 05:55 PM kids leaving causes reflection
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This thing called marriage seems to be making another change.

Our oldest left for college leaving us 2 children at home to care for. Sure is easier keeping track of 2 kids! All we have to do now is divide and conquer. He can take one and I can take the other on outings and there is no sibling rivalry going on.

Anyway, there certainly seems to be more time for us to spend with each other. I am grateful we have managed to keep the spark alive through the years.

We actually have nights when we don't have anything in particular to do. It's made me think we need to start planning for the change when the next 2 head off to college at the same time... leaving us empty nesters! [Eek!]

Aren't we too young for these changes?

Any other changes going on in marriages out there?

#5556 - 09/01/03 05:26 AM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
We sent ours away to school and even did all the stuff parents were supposed to do. He enjoyed the cross country team for a week.
Last night he came home and I am not sure whether or not he is going back. I do hope so although if he doesn't he wants to find a job.
I can tell he has real mixed emotions about this and all we can do is encourage him.
Dad keeps telling him its ok to come back, I am beginning to think he really is from Mars.
I had hoped he would stick it our for another week and try his classes.
Maggie

#5557 - 09/01/03 07:14 AM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
If he hasn't started classes yet, I would strongly encourage him to hang in there. I know it's rough, but it does get easier.

#5558 - 09/01/03 02:37 PM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Maggie, I recall you saying you and your son were "joined at the hip" in another post, which I am sure only makes this harder for you. Good for you to encourage him to stick it out when I'm sure you love having him around. [Wink]

Just me here in Maryland praying he goes back and makes the adjustment!

#5559 - 09/01/03 06:14 PM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Maggie Offline

Thank you for your replies. It is so nice to have the support and prayers. He read one of my letters to a friend last night where I told her I hoped he would go back.
His dad keeps telling him he can go to the community college here but he always drops out so I don't see that as a good option.
Thanks again I will keep trying. Now I know why the birds and deer push their young out early.
Maggie

#5560 - 09/02/03 06:00 PM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Now I know why the birds and deer push their young out early.
Maggie
[/QUOTE]

Maggie, I am learning this very lesson. Don't know if it is a good thing or not, but my son is 10 hours away and CAN'T come home on the weekends.

Praying your son is back at school. [Wink]

#5561 - 09/02/03 08:04 PM Re: kids leaving causes reflection
Maggie Offline

Hi,
Yesterday I talked to our minister too and all he could do was laugh. I told him I shove the kid out and dad brings him back home every time.
The school is only two and a half hours away. Too close for us this time. He did tell a counselor that he wants to come back in the spring. The counselor prayed with him and gave him a verse which I had the counselor write on the back of his card.
He and I are signing up for community college classes today as he asked the counselor if those would count. Were not taking the same classes. I think he knows his dad is frustrated and he did tell us he now realizes how spoiled he is. I guess he learned a few things.
This summer where I took Calligraphy classes they were feeding two doe and two fawns. I kept wondering why one of the doe was mean to the other one and one of the gals told me: she is a yearling and mom is still trying to get her to leave. The yearling won't leave. The apples, tomatoes and other food is too good. I felt connected to the doe.
Maggie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved