The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5503 - 05/17/03 07:52 AM Any Matrix Widows out there?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Most of the girls I know have been flying solo since the sneak previes for The Matrix Reloaded started on Wednesday night. It's all my husband could talk about a week before the movie and it's all I'm hearing about now. Plus he's going to see it a few more times this weekend. Anyone else experiencing a night or nights alone this weekend because of The Matrix, or maybe you're making your husband a Matrix widower?

#5504 - 05/19/03 02:33 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Thank Goodness my hubby would rather sit home in his cut offs and watch it on video when it comes out [Smile]

#5505 - 05/20/03 02:12 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
lionspaaw Offline

Did you see the morning news today -- they are trying to say that the first Matrix movie was responsible for a lot of the violent murders after the movie came out -- including the shootings at Columbine and the 2 maniac snipers up in the Baltimore area.

Funny how a movie to some of us -- can become a lifestyle for others.

#5506 - 05/20/03 03:45 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
Candice Johnson Offline

I didn't see the morning news today, but I've heard about a dozen or so games, movies, music and so on that supposedly causes people to use violence, especially the Columbine kids.

I actually went and saw the new one on Saturday night with my husband. While it was violent, it was not realistic in anyway with al the slow motion special effect and the people dodging or stopping bullets. I actually enjoy the premise and story line for the movies, if not all the violence (mainly because of the noise). My husband absolutely loves The Matrix and squels like a little girl with excitement over it.

I guess I have never really put much emphasis on what some people call the "recent wave of school shootings." Unfortunately, school violence has been happening in the public school system for decades, just in the poorer areas. It's ashame that many people just accept violent conditions for some people and become outraged when it hits a different group. But that is a different debate.

#5507 - 05/21/03 02:54 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
lionspaaw Offline

A few people at my hubby's work have seen the movie several times already -- I loved the first one and I'm sure I'll like the second one even more because of the special effects -- but stepping back and looking at it as a possible "cult movie" for the damaged brain -- I can see how someone could go really deep inside the concept.

#5508 - 05/21/03 06:15 PM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
TerrieRoxanne Offline

Loc: CA
I saw a psychiatrist on TV saying that the people who commit these crimes are only using this as an excuse for what they have done. Movies, songs games, don't " make " people do anything they wouldn't have done anyway. Even sane people like the Matrix. I am one of them, well maybe not so sane [Wink] but certainly not a criminal.

#5509 - 05/22/03 12:59 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
lionspaaw Offline

I'm sure it's more the lawyers that have started this "the devil made me do it" [Smile] -- I'm sure that someone with a distorted look on life could find something in just about any movie - song - whatever - to get lost in.

I still think I'll take the chance and see the movie [Smile]

#5510 - 05/23/03 07:26 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
Candice Johnson Offline

I have always felt that it was irresponsible to blame your actions on what you see someone else act in a movie, sing on an album, or write down. I guess I'm a believer in the old questions: "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"

As far as the Matrix movie goes, I probably would have never gotten into the Matrix or anything in science fiction if it wasn't for my husband. It is amazing the amount of social commentary in science fiction. I guess it has to co with being able to distant yourself from an alternate reality that give sceince fiction the ability to make tackle those issues so well.

#5511 - 05/23/03 01:17 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
wow. i cant believe how much deep conversation revolves around a movie with Keanu. Personally, I dont go to the theatre to see anything. Aside from the uncomfortable seats (i'm disabled) i find that many rude people go to the movies. I cannot stand having to listen to wrappers and crunching and kids hollering.... do i sound grouchy or what????
i think it is the fact that a ticket is about $7 bucks now and that is without the cost of a drink or popcorn. i'd rather rent a dvd. no rewinding, extra scenes, we can pause if someone needs to pee and i dont have to worry about every rude person being at the theatre that day.
i know you might think i sound awful... but think back to your last movie... remember the sticky floor and the kids talking too loud behind you. Am i right?
you can tell me i'm wrong. i can take it
lol
i'm just another oleladee here

#5512 - 05/23/03 03:55 AM Re: Any Matrix Widows out there?
lionspaaw Offline

we've been to the movie theatre one time since the origianl Star Wars release (in the 70's) -- with video's and cable TV -- who needs the hassle of movie theatre's -- [Smile]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved