The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199204 - 02/06/10 12:48 AM Income Taxes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does anyone do their own taxes? I file a 1099 and am afraid to do my own even though it looks pretty easy. The one place I don't want any mistakes is when dealing with the I.R.S.

Heres one for you, what does IRS stand for? Be creative...

Irritatingly Reprehensible Stinkers

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199210 - 02/06/10 01:57 AM Re: Income Taxes [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I do my own using Turbo Tax online. I have W-2s from my job and 1099s from my business. Turbo Tax makes it easy. As far as I'm concerned, IRS could be Incomprehensible Regulatory Statutes.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#199276 - 02/08/10 01:10 AM Re: Income Taxes [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Idiotic Rip-off Service

#199323 - 02/08/10 06:36 PM Re: Income Taxes [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

On-line is quick and easy! Hate it that the IRS has our money and we get no interest rate; yet, should we owe the IRS money, you had better bet they'll get every dime and then some!

#199353 - 02/08/10 11:07 PM Re: Income Taxes [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There is only one agency or person that can touch a someones social security. No matter if you are in debt or owe thousands NO ONE can touch your social security not in any court in this land EXCEPT for the already crooked, I.R.S. They can take it all every month if you don't agree to some monthly payments, or settlement, that just stinks!
Just another instance of this countries Government for the Government, by the Government, and to he// with the people.

#199714 - 02/16/10 04:09 PM Re: Income Taxes [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Larry has been taking ours to a friend retired from the RR who does this for all the RR folks...He does quite well for us and gets all the claims allowed...so far, no complaints. If Homer passes away we havne't a clue who would do our taxes.

#199715 - 02/16/10 04:11 PM Re: Income Taxes [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh...I just wanted to mention that two at least two years now I've not gotten the Alabama taxes due to Alabama state being in such financial chaos...they don't mind taking our taxes but when it comes to our refund, forget it...Homer said my tax refund went through but a date for a refund is 'unknown.' Good grief!

#200103 - 02/25/10 08:55 AM Re: Income Taxes [Re: Dee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I do my business taxes and Hubbo does the household and our investments. He's into nitpicky stuff so I let him have it.

Poet and essayist

#200179 - 02/27/10 01:38 AM Re: Income Taxes [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I got all my tax papers together and am finding out my accountant/tax man moved to Texas...Bummer!

#200183 - 02/27/10 02:28 AM Re: Income Taxes [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh Chatty, how frustrating. I am using a new tax person this year, and they wanted to see the last 2 years of taxes before proceeding - - hope you don't have to dig out a lot of old stuff for your new person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved