The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#133397 - 11/30/07 05:37 PM Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the dateless
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well, next summer is my XX Class Reunion. I've never missed one yet, and I'm usually the one who puts ours together for 267 people. However, last year I resigned. There was just too much going on in my life work-wise.

Now I have to start thinking about this one coming up. I dread it in a way. I love my class, don't get me wrong. I adore them. Almost every single one....and OUR reunion is the one everybody in town tries to crash because we have so much fun. We have tons of food, drinks (alcoholic and otherwise), provide driving services for those who would test the limits, ALWAYS dance till 4 or 5 next morning, and we never slow down...it last for three days, and is held at the same hotel every year, and it is just fun, fun, fun.

Anybody else got a reunion coming up?

Do you go dateless? Or does hubby go?

Do you have fun?

I'm thinking I might want to take a date. Wish now I hadn't scared off my last beaus...mahahahahaha, ahem, cough, spurt, haha, teehee....

Anybody got a brother?

What's your reunion story?

#133399 - 11/30/07 08:21 PM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the dateless [Re: ]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
My last reunion was the most fun ever! We began on Friday night at a restaurant with drinks, dinner and the hugs and laughter. The next morning we went to the "old" highschool for brunch and a memory tour. This was soooo nice! We were treated to a wonderful catered brunch right in our old cafeteria. All around the room were memories of our time in school. There was even a SHORT velvet skirt with gold rings in it. It's so weird...because the moment everyone saw it we remembered it and who was in it! We toured the school and laughed and reminisced at certain labs and classrooms, telling all those old horror stories. Thank God we did that then because since that event they've remodeled entirely, added on and I don't even KNOW the place when I've had occasion to drive by. That night we had the semi-formal dinner, dance and drinks until all hours. (Anyway, is was mahhh-velous. I felt like I went back in time. And to see my sweet friends again was too much fun!) I watched several dance on the tables by 1 a.m. I was a pastor's wife then and couldn't do that...or even have a glass of wine. But...when it happens again...watch out! A new girl is going back !!!

#133400 - 12/01/07 01:50 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the dateless [Re: ladyjane]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've never been to a class reunion. I read this because the title made me laugh - the dateless part.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#133401 - 12/01/07 02:10 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the dateless [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

At ours, the DJ asked us to please go home...we just laughed and told him to keep um coming...

#133402 - 12/06/07 02:13 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've never been to one of mine, they've all been held outside of Chicago. This year for the 40th the guy who is organizing says they're thinking of having a small reunion for the west coast folks who never make the Chicago gigs. Maybe in Vegas 2008 but no concrete plans yet.

If I go, I'll leave Whozzis at home. He has a knack for ruining pretty much everything.

Poet and essayist

#133403 - 12/06/07 02:47 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Meredith, wouldn't it be cool if they held yours at the same time Dotsie had us all in Vegas? You could kill two burds...with one party!

#133404 - 12/06/07 05:07 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
actually I'd rather have them separate so I could be at the Boomer Gal Bash 100%. Although if they were consecutive, I'd only have to drive out there once.

Poet and essayist

#133405 - 12/06/07 04:20 PM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: meredithbead]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The last one I attended was the 20th. You have to wait 20 years because at 10, nobody has changed that much.

I skipped out on the last two because I was sick of traveling. Plus, they decided to have four years together and I want to see my ex husband? No!

A lot of my classmates have died. This is what happens as you get older. Now, that we're moving back home and if they have another one, I'll probably go. Maybe not. Depends on how I feel at that given moment. But, I know as I look at people and think how old they seem, they are going to be thinking the same thing about me!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#133406 - 12/07/07 06:03 AM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: Dianne]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I went to mine ..it was for whole high school..just 2 yrs. after I finished there. I was the yearbook editor that devoted the whole edition of the yearbook during my term, on the history of the high school, start year....that's how everyone got to know its 125th birthday was approaching.

I have finished my deepest bow.
Actually after school, I was up in the school's attic ....yes it is an old building and discovered all these cool old photos of school dances from the 1920's, etc., during all the war years WWI & WWII. So I used those photos for yearbook's layout pages.

Fast forward there has been a 2nd reunion just last year. For 150th birthday reunion for high school. The whole city got into it...for 3,000 alumni.

Really I wasn't going to spend flight costs to travel 4,300 kms. to see people I no longer keep in touch ..except for 1 person. But photos of some folks...just well, surprising.

need to update my thinking here...

#133407 - 12/07/07 09:00 PM Re: Class Reunions - The good, the bad, the datele [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think this one is going to be even more fun because so many of my class have retired and now they can participate where before, work may have kept them away.

I'm thinking I might even take a date this time...if I can hire one. LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved