The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#112954 - 03/28/07 06:11 PM Dating Stories
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My friends have suggested I write a book about my dating experiences. Here are a few:

The pastor of my old church fixed me up with his x-bil, who lived about 4 hours away. We talked a lot on the phone for several weeks and he seemed intelligent and was a believer. But this guy asked me to marry him before he ever met me in person. NOT!

One time I was shopping with a guy I had been seeing about 1 month and he shoplifted right in front of me. I ended the relationship of course. He said I was being judgemental!

I dated a guy during the Christmas season, but it fizzled out because he wasn't available on the weekends. ??? Several months later I received a call from a woman who said she found my number in her fiance's planner and wondered how I knew him. I said, oh I dated him at Christmas time (he bought me a present, was very aggressively pursuing, except for his unavailability).
She started crying and said they were getting engaged during that time. I hope she didn't marry him, I never heard anything.

Then there was the worst 1st date of all time. I didn't trust this guy enough to allow him to pick me up, thank goodness, so I met him at the restaurant. In our conversation re divorce, etc., he learned I was a Christian. He started saying horrible things about Jesus, such as He hung out with hookers, etc., and I tried to explain why I appreciated the fact that Jesus accepts sinners, but he kept on slandering Him. I simply stood up (to his horror) and said, "You know, I don't like you," and walked out.

Have any of you single ladies had dating nightmares? Or am I the only weirdo magnet? Please note, these have happened over the years and not all last month.

laurapoplin.com

#112955 - 03/28/07 07:10 PM Re: Dating Stories [Re: Daisygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm a married old fart and have no good dating stories, but I loved hearing yours.

Anyone else want to chime in?

#112956 - 03/29/07 02:01 AM Re: Dating Stories
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Long story short, I dated a guy one time who ate his meal, and then most of mine, then ordered HIMSELF dessert and ate that. The following week he called and asked me to pay for half the meal. AFTER THE DATE. I told him I would just as soon as he got that big L off his forehead surgically removed. (L = l-o-s-e-r)...Imagine this, he didn't catch on.

#112957 - 03/29/07 03:39 PM Re: Dating Stories [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Another horror story. A friend (and I use that term loosely) fixed me up with a guy who showed up in a 20-gallon cowboy hat, a belt buckle so large that it cast away any doubts that he was the redneck from Hell, and a VEGA. Do you remember Vegas? Not only was it yellow, but it had the motor on the outside of the car, on the hood. Exposed. This means on Saturday nights, he raced the sucker. Loud? Was it loud? What's that you say? I can't hear you...my hearing was damaged that night.

OMG...I made sure we went to a restaurant in some out of the way, deep, dark, hidden place. I'm sure he thought I was trying to be romantic, but I was sooooooooo afraid I would see someone I know. He must have been a preacher in the making too, because he kept wanting to "lay hands" on me. OMG...I didn't know people like that still existed.

Why yes, his name was Bubba Earl. How did you know?

#112958 - 03/29/07 05:01 PM Re: Dating Stories [Re: Daisygirl]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Quote:

My friends have suggested I write a book about my dating experiences. Here are a few:

The pastor of my old church fixed me up with his x-bil, who lived about 4 hours away. We talked a lot on the phone for several weeks and he seemed intelligent and was a believer. But this guy asked me to marry him before he ever met me in person. NOT!

One time I was shopping with a guy I had been seeing about 1 month and he shoplifted right in front of me. I ended the relationship of course. He said I was being judgemental!

I dated a guy during the Christmas season, but it fizzled out because he wasn't available on the weekends. ??? Several months later I received a call from a woman who said she found my number in her fiance's planner and wondered how I knew him. I said, oh I dated him at Christmas time (he bought me a present, was very aggressively pursuing, except for his unavailability).
She started crying and said they were getting engaged during that time. I hope she didn't marry him, I never heard anything.

Then there was the worst 1st date of all time. I didn't trust this guy enough to allow him to pick me up, thank goodness, so I met him at the restaurant. In our conversation re divorce, etc., he learned I was a Christian. He started saying horrible things about Jesus, such as He hung out with hookers, etc., and I tried to explain why I appreciated the fact that Jesus accepts sinners, but he kept on slandering Him. I simply stood up (to his horror) and said, "You know, I don't like you," and walked out.

Have any of you single ladies had dating nightmares? Or am I the only weirdo magnet? Please note, these have happened over the years and not all last month.

Daisygirl you seem like such a reasonable well rounded women.... where are you finding these guys?? Surely, and I honestly believe this, there are oodles of good men in the world. I talk to them, I work with them, I know they're around.

But at our age, from what woodwork do these guys crawl to find you? I can hardly believe such men survived to be over 30. Hearing this makes my pot bellied hard-of-hearing husband look like the catch of a lifetime. Geesh.

Maybe you need to move?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved