The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89214 - 09/23/06 02:48 AM Men in Trees
Anonymous
Unregistered

I caught an episode tonight, pretty cute. I like the message of starting over, of being alone, yet not lonely.
The character "Marin learns that she has been living with her eyes closed for too long. Now that they're finally open, she sees the amazingly beautiful world around her, and for the first time she'll have the chance to stop and breathe."

I often times find my self wondering what others think of myself, why someone won't ask me out, what's wrong w/ me? Perhaps I need to change my thought process, perhaps God or the Universe is protecting me from or for something? Someone?

#89215 - 09/23/06 02:54 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: ]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
thanks for reminding me - that's on here in about an hour. I watched it last week and it does look pretty good.

DOnna

#89216 - 09/23/06 02:56 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: 49erDonna]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
You know that's a good perspective to have. They say you attract people when you are not even looking.. I met the guy I want in my life forever when I wasn't looking.

#89217 - 09/23/06 11:56 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: 49erDonna]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
"Men in Trees" is one of my favourite new shows this season. I like that angst that she's dealing with, having always had a man in her life (since she was 14, I think she said last night) and now finding herself in such unfamiliar territory - not just Alaska, but her own "aloneness" for the first time.

Mustang Gal, I was single, very single, for so long. I left home at 18 and didn't meet my hubby until I was 36, and didn't have many dates in between! I had given up, even started the process of joining a convent (I'm serious!) when hubby waltzed totally unexpected into my life. Neither one of us were looking when our lives collided - and neither one of us were what the other was even looking for. But 14 years later, all I can say is that Somebody Else was obviously watching out for us and had plans all of His own! We could never have met without some pretty darn good manouvering on Somebody Else's part! I'm sure that the same Somebody Else is also "on your case" and working on it...and trust me, whatever/whoever (if there is a "whoever") it is He has planned for you will be worth the wait.

(Maya Angelou)

#89218 - 11/02/06 01:20 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: Eagle Heart]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Sex in the city meets Northern Exposure - I like it! Mustang Gal, sometimes I have the same thoughts you have, then I get back in the moment and move on. I'm good at being alone but sometimes I get lonely and it drags me down. Nice to be able to share that. Thanks.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#89219 - 11/02/06 08:28 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: Saundra]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
MustangGal, have you tried to meet a man over the internet? My brother has met so many nice people over the net. I think if I were single I would go that way as well. Maybe you've done this all ready, so sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious.
That's such a romantic story, Eagle Heart. I'm sure it gives hope to others.

#89220 - 11/03/06 01:38 AM Re: Men in Trees [Re: Edelweiss]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hannelore, I've tried internet dating, yet not much luck (unless men of all ages looking for a booty call counts!). Yet, I'm fine, if something is meant to be, it will, and in a forum I'm interested (education, library, sports, etc.) I'm trying Dianne's approach, act nonchalant and see what happens! I'm excited that your brother has met nice people over the internet. I have too, here!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved