The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#70274 - 12/16/05 08:43 AM ariadne54
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ariadne54:

How are you doing lately, you've been in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all is well and a happy holiday for both you and your family.

#70275 - 12/18/05 07:08 PM Re: ariadne54
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hi, Mustang,

That's so sweet of you to think of me and ask. I'm doing very well. If you are referring to my contact with the old flame, the situation seems to be taking care of itself. I still hear from him....about his many social engagements, parties, events, trips with the wife. At the same time, he has stated that he wants to continue our "emotional affair," via email, that he loves me as well as the wife, asking does that make him "some kind of ogre?" I'll admit that my nature is to be slow in processing such things, but I have begun to feel cynical about him. As a result, I've kept my responses lately, just brief and friendly, or just not responding. I'm not hurting or anxious about it, and, as I said, it seems to be taking care of itself.

I'm looking forward to the holidays, to seeing my twin grandsons (age 3) and visiting with friends and family. I hope you also have a wonderful holiday.

ARI

#70276 - 12/23/05 02:56 AM Re: ariadne54
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're involved in a situation that you know is holding you back from meeting someone who belongs in your life, do the courageous thing and break it off. You may not yet know "who belongs in your life," yet it will allow room for that right person to enter your life.

There is someone I'm interested in and he has expressed his interest, but, but, but! I may send you a private message later regarding the matter!

#70277 - 12/23/05 04:07 AM Re: ariadne54
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds to me Ariadne54 like you are finally processing the fact that these are lose, lose situations and will leave you hurt and alone. You need to devote your efforts to a single gentleman when you are ready to become involved with someone. Leave these cheating self absorbed jerks to themselves. They aren't thinking of you only themselves....and certainly NOT their wives or children.

#70278 - 12/23/05 08:06 AM Re: ariadne54
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hi, Mustang and Chatty,
I would love to hear from you, Mustang, and Chatty as well thru private message.
Yes, we continue to email each other. Today, I rec'd a Christmas card from his wife, with a lovely lovely message written by her, and signed in both their names. I've talked frankly to him about the fact that I respect his marriage and am happy for him that he has a loving and supportive partner. He appreciates my objectivity in this matter, and because of this, our communication is more of a friendly nature now. There is no way I could cross the line into an illicit affair with a married man, even this man, with whom I share so much background.
I'm not ready or willing to give up the contact with him, and neither is he.

Dianne had commented, quite perceptively, that maybe I am preferring this email relationship because it is "safe." I think maybe she is right. You know, I've been conned and stalked, and now view my last 8 years of singlehood with abhorrance in regards to the relationships.

Today, I rec'd an Ecard Christmas card from the Psych. Ph.D. I don't intend to reciprocate. He treated me very badly! One of the great things about my email communication with my high school "old flame" is that he always responds with kindness, balance, and intelligence. Is it friendship, or love? Or both? I think both, but at the same time, not something that is going to lead to hurt.

ARI

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved