The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69794 - 07/01/05 01:55 AM Solo Update!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hello BoomerWomen! Just wanted to stop by and give an update on how things are going in the Singlehood Life of this BoomerWoman.

Well, recall the post I made on 'feelings of inadequacy' when I attended that networking function? Yeah? Well, that's a thing of the past! Since then, the CEO of that company and I have had a few casual, 'just friends,' dates.

We discussed the idea of a romantic relationship and decided that we'd take things slow. If it doesn't work out that we have 'that sorta' mutual interest, we'd still be friends. I like his style.

I'll have to admit though, being around him w/o the 'romantics' attached is sorta hard. They'd be for any woman. He's just awesome. Since then, I've started a new career/contract at his company. After spending a week there, that 'inadequate feeling' resurfaced. I wondered what type of woman could keep him interested. He's like a walking Britanica. I guess that's what a good CEO needs to be.

I was just thumbing through some displays at his office when I ran across Time Business Magazine featuring him. He is not a 'bragger/boaster' so I had no idea he is such an intricate part of this community and more. When I made it home that evening, I 'Googled' him and found even more.

After work yesterday we attended a family gathering/bbq at my sister's place. They all liked him and I together. Said that it's an excellent fit.

JJ, Smile, Chatty, Dotsie....you all were right. Just relax and let it happen. Even if this doesn't pan out into the 'happily ever after' scene any hot red blooded woman would want, I've learned a valuable lesson here. His confidence and interest in me has restored my faith and esteem...shown me that I really am worthy of the type of treatment...shown me that there are good men out here...not to settle. Just wait my turn!

Sugaree [Big Grin]

[ June 30, 2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#69795 - 07/01/05 05:19 AM Re: Solo Update!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When you behave like a lady you will be treated like a lady....Isn't it a marvelous feeling to know, to have no doubt that this grand gentleman likes you just because you're YOU. Any woman can be liked just for sexual gratification, takes little talent or personality for that kind of relationship thats why I am so happy for you, happy to hear he see's the wonderful, smart, giving person you are. Maybe the other will come as well but in any case you are the winner. [Big Grin]

#69796 - 07/01/05 05:30 AM Re: Solo Update!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Isn't it wonderful to realize that just being in your presence is worth whatever he invests in a date? That he values you for who you are and not what he can get from you.
It's nice to see the self respect and joy in your post.
smile

#69797 - 07/01/05 10:49 AM Re: Solo Update!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks Chatty and Smile. It was nice to re-read my own post this time w/o some sort of pain in the midst of it. I feel good but not to say that it was just totally defined by Mr. Britanica. But more so that someone like him see's all those things (he said it too) that Chatty said.

It felt good to come home and retrieve his wholesome message about how my day was and how his was w/o me there in the office today...telling me his plans and his emails explaning more about his business affairs...just nice.

There is one thing though (not to steal my own joy either). When I first met him, his general conversation was that he'd like to get married and have children one day. He's forty-five w/o any. I can't have anymore. Plus, my baby is 18 and I'm 41. He and my daughter hit it off right away. He attended her honors award dinner and graduation. I could tell that he really wishes that he had a child or a few of his own.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words ladies!

#69798 - 07/01/05 12:15 PM Re: Solo Update!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You go girl. I'm so happy for you Sug. I'm even happier to see the confidence you have in Sug. I hate to sound like I'm recruiting for the Army, but you are certainly taking their motto, "be all you can be" to the max. We're all so happy to hear good news for you.

Keep us posted as we've all wondered where the heck you were!

JJ

#69799 - 07/01/05 04:15 PM Re: Solo Update!
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sug,
I read your post when it first came up. Now I'm coming back to respond.

I am happy for you. Really, and truly, happy. I always felt you deserved better than you were getting (me,too!LOL). I hope your friendship with Mr.Britannica lasts - in whatever form the Lord provides. He sounds like a very nice gentleman. The world needs more gentlemen (and fewer of the bloody sods we usually run into.)

Happy Trails, friend!

#69800 - 07/01/05 05:01 PM Re: Solo Update!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sugaree, I enjoyed reading your post. You said you like his style. I like your style, girlfriend.
Slow and steady is the way to go. Happy days to you. Wish you were here more often, we do miss you.

chick

#69801 - 07/01/05 06:42 PM Re: Solo Update!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sug, I join the ladies in our excitement for you. PLEASE, move slowly. Make him continue to see the beauty within. Stick to your guns.

I can't help but consider the timing of this relationship. I know you're facing the empty nest next month. Now you'll have other interests that will help busy your mind. That's a good thing!

Don't get mad at me for asking, but does he attend church? I know this isn't important to everyone, but I would think it's important to you. I also know "attending church" isn't the be all-end all, but faithful intentions help in my book.

#69802 - 07/01/05 06:56 PM Re: Solo Update!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sugar, let me jump in with my excitement for you. This sounds like the makings of a possible true romance book?

Now, my lecture. Please stop comparing yourself to others intellect, job, personality, etc. Obviously there is something very, very special about you that he picked up on. We all see it here so I'm sure he saw it too. You are a very special woman! That childhood abuse can make us think we don't deserve good but girlfriend, we do! You are living proof of that!

Love you bunches.

#69803 - 07/02/05 02:30 AM Re: Solo Update!
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Sugaree, congratulations! I hope it works out for you. Sounds like you'll win either way.

And about his wanting children... Well, if that really did turn out to be of ultra importance, there is always adoption. There are many roads to achieving dreams and happiness.

Please keep us posted.

Whirlwind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved