The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174709 - 02/15/09 03:48 PM Happy New Year!
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
OK, don't laugh, but I call February 15th "New Year's Day" (better than what I used to call it, "the dark period.") ROFL.

The holidays (everything between Thanksgiving in November to Valentine's Day in Feb.) are over, and life can get back to normal again (whatever that may be).

Holidays just aren't quite the same for me since my folks are gone, and they both died during that time period too. I deal with it quite well nowadays (it's been a long time), but still look forward to Feb. 15th which to me signals being close to the end of winter, and springtime.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!

Whirlwind

#174745 - 02/15/09 08:47 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: Whirlwind]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
And a Happy New Year to you too whirlwind. NO matter the reason you call this day New Years day.
I for one will be glad to see these dreary days go away. Vegas has never before since I made a move here, been blanketed for so long under such cold, damp, sunless, darkness...Yuk!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174793 - 02/16/09 01:45 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
happie new year whilrwind and why not creat your owen holidays and happie days smile

#174870 - 02/16/09 06:16 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Happy new year. I celebrate with you the anticipated spring season ahead of us.

celtic, what a nice suggestion for whirlwind.

#174946 - 02/17/09 03:11 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Happy New Year Whirlwind! I'm for having Feb. 15th begin the
new year. It's okay with me. And I understand that holiday thing being difficult to get through.

#175049 - 02/18/09 02:57 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
You know, there ought to be a way for everybody to enjoy Jesus' Birthday without killing themselves entertaining those too
lazy to pitch in. I work my butt off Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, all through the holidays, while some lazy so-'n-so's lounge around and watch. That bugs me.

#175079 - 02/18/09 05:50 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

I think there is a way: stop doing so much. I think all too often we women allow ourselves to get caught up in the idea that we're responsible for everything or the world will end. Sometimes we get so caught up that we don't even allow others to help. Why do we do this to ourselves? I think others will often sit back if they think everything is being taken care of, but it *is* annoying to notice others taking it easy while you're sweating over the stove. I'm all for doing less: keep the meals simple, only bake one kind of cookie, keep the gifts small, etc.

What would really happen if we didn't have a big blowout at Christmas? Nothing, really. The sun will rise the next day and maybe we wouldn't be so tired. I think it's often very hard to give ourselves permission not to be responsible for creating all the magic, but sometimes we discover that quiet is better. Pizza sounds great.....

#175086 - 02/18/09 07:07 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: jabber]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: jabber
You know, there ought to be a way for everybody to enjoy Jesus' Birthday without killing themselves entertaining those too
lazy to pitch in. I work my butt off Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, all through the holidays, while some lazy so-'n-so's lounge around and watch. That bugs me.

Have it catered then charged to his card. Done that and wore the t-shirt.

Here's a good one, Jabber. It's called: The Boy Does Nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev44tKZzLSc

Edited by Lola (02/18/09 10:14 PM)

#175106 - 02/18/09 11:20 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So "STOP IT" jabber. Take yourself on a cruise or out of town somewhere, come and visit me! Or just develop a mysterious illness that makes it impossible for you to do ANY work. Maybe then someone will have to take charge but if not just say due to your mysterious illness EVERYTHING will need to be pot luck at THEIR house this year. Then when the holidays end, have an instant recovery.
Its ture that we are treated the way we allow ourselves to be treated, holidays nor not...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175129 - 02/19/09 01:51 PM Re: Happy New Year! [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
lola do you watch tmf aswell? or more 4 music.
thats one of mine and L fav at minet. a good song and cheer me up to see it heer smile

JABBER
i not sure i told this over christmass i might or might not. My one memorie and dread about christmass was seeing my mum red faced stressed to high heven trying to help but never got anything right becouse she was so stressed. As an adult i hated christmass absolutely hated and dredided it and drove partners nuts. then someweer about 30 i relised i din't hate christmass its was the stress and bad memories assosiated with it that i hated.

MY family protestedf a bit when i re-done christmass with the keep it simple attitude but it soon died dowen. I do not get stressed now or allow others to be stressed out on the day, i have left (not populare but I have dune it)

i buy presie for those i wanna buy for, i don't kill myself buying gifts for my child as he's happie with ballons and bubbles. He dose't get value of cash yet, hes young enough not to want same as frends and iv him in tranning lol.

This year was most expensive gift wise for him. Also i had christmass with a frend so that added gifts for them all. I also knew that when i said yes to doing christmass their.

So it can be done, set your attitude your boundries and stick to them. Short term pain long term gain.

maybee start saying changies now so when it gets near time no ones gonna faint when your not doing what you do.

afterall you should be on list of whom to make smile on that day too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved