The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#99516 - 12/18/06 03:36 PM sexually transmitted dseases among boomers growing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
AARP study showed that many boomers are not taking precautions when it comes to sex. It found that 76 percent of singles 45 and over don't use protection when having sex. And the rate of sexually transmitted disease among boomers is growing at an alarming rate.

Source: nbc4.com via boomernews

Well ladies, what do you think?

#99517 - 12/18/06 03:42 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers growing
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats too true. These men think because we older women can't have children that they can throw caution to the wind and become "freedom riders." I recently lost as friend to HIV that quickly became full blown aids, she was a frail little thing. I met the man first who she contracted the disease from but I told him to "take his wicket, and stick it," somewhere else....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99518 - 12/18/06 05:50 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers growing [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, you make me laugh. Sorry about your friend. One of my childhood neighbors also died from AIDS.

But don't you think women have a responsibility too? We can't blame it all on men.

#99519 - 12/18/06 05:51 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: chatty lady]
reyro Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Chatty Lady, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Some men are very selfish when it comes to using protection because they use the line "that it decreases the sensation" during intercourse which will often lay guilt upon a woman to give in and not use protection. I for one don't agree that it reduces the sensation a man feels and believe it is just a control issue for a man to not want to use a condom.

Healthy Skin Care

#99520 - 12/18/06 06:22 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: reyro]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
A few years ago, the Mayor of West Palm Beach, FL started printing the names of men who had been arrested for having sex with prostitutes and...the majority of them were elderly men. She wanted the wives to stand a chance and not be infected with AIDS.

It's playing with a loaded gun!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99521 - 12/18/06 07:19 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Of course women need to take responsibility too but men can sometimes guilt a woman with the excuse that reyro is speaking of. And NO its not just getting pregnant that we women have to be concerned with anymore. I know, I've talked to thousands of these men over the years and they ALL hate using condoms and will try everything not to have to....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99522 - 12/18/06 10:21 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Before I worked in the nursing home, I worked in a hospital for 12 years. Seven of those years, I did the billing for the STD clinic. I often filled in for the secretary in the HIV clinic as well. The things I learned! I was also floored by how many kids were having sex. It baffled me.

#99523 - 12/19/06 12:07 AM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: Louisa]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
It was reported in Florida where they have these new retiree communities. They're partying their faces off and spreading diseases - women too. They've lost their minds having such a good time. Sorry about your friend, Chatty.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#99524 - 12/19/06 02:09 AM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: Saundra]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
These men expect to have sex with a woman, even after just a few dates, no matter what! I have no problem saying no, but many women do and feel like if they don't have sex with them, they will lose the man. And they are right, they will probably get dumped.

laurapoplin.com

#99525 - 12/19/06 03:07 PM Re: sexually transmitted dseases among boomers gro [Re: Daisygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Saundra, I've heard the same about the retirement homes in Maryland. I guess they feel like they're back on the college campus. What a hoot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved