The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#69646 - 04/20/05 05:21 AM Friends husband a Flirt....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do any other of you single women have a problem with your married friends husbands? It seems they think because your alone that its open season on you. I think they don't believe if they come on to you you will tell your friend or maybe feel she won't believe you. A couple questions:
(A.)How would you handle him?
(B.)If it keeps up would you tell her?
(C.)Just drop them both and call it a day?
This seems to be happening more and more to the single gals in our group, not me however because I am very vocal and these men know where I stand. I'm conidered a "man eater" and I am too, Grrrrrr. [Wink] [Mad]

#69647 - 04/20/05 08:04 AM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Well Chatty, I will try to answer. When I was single, the best way I found to deal with that was to joke my way around the guy and ignore it as flirting and acknowledge him often as 'her' husband.
I might drop the friendship, but I would never tell her. Absolutely not.
smile

#69648 - 04/20/05 06:11 PM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think you answered your own question. Sounds like being very vocal to a creep like this is the way to handle it. Nope, wouldn't tell the wife tho.

#69649 - 04/21/05 09:38 AM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
You mean it really makes a difference if you're single? Geez, I'd have to sell tickets or something [Roll Eyes]

#69650 - 04/22/05 08:52 PM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I found out the hard way NOT to tell the wife/girlfriend about her flirtatious husband.

This particular flirting creep was my cousin's guy. I warned him. He told me that she was not going to believe me, however, this didn't stop him. She didn't and questioned me over and over as tho she was trying to catch me or that I'd change my story, proving that I was lying, despite all of the long distance calls he made to me.

This was about ten years ago. Just about ten weeks ago my cousin and I were discussing past relationships. She talked about how he used to bring women to their house and all sorts of weird things. I just looked at her and reminded her of my warnings about that creep.

I wouldn't tell either now.

#69651 - 04/23/05 12:36 AM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
These guys aside,

Do you think some men are clueless that they are "overfriendly"..and misconstrued as "flirting"?

My husband is like that. He is very handsome, and VERY nice.

I've had one girlfriend complain about him. (she's had affairs with other men...and I wonder if HER hormones are oversensitive. ha(not that I'm discounting what she said).

I've talked to my hubby about it - so that he knows how he comes off sometimes.

He's a hard one to read by men and women alike.

Any ideas on this?

D.

#69652 - 04/23/05 06:04 AM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I hate to put it quite like this but usually, now I said USUALLY here, but when it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk, it is usually a skunk.... [Eek!]

#69653 - 04/23/05 05:18 PM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'll tell you what I did one time when a friend of mine's hubby kept telling dirty jokes to me when she wasn't around. Very suggestive jokes, and leading ones. I never laughed, just looked at him like he had three heads after he would finish.

AnyWAY...what I did was look him straight in the eyes and say, "You know...I'm really feeling bad about myself right now because somewhere down the line in our friendship, I must have given you the impression that I wanted to hear, and that I liked, dirty jokes. I want to ask you to forgive me. Because I truly do not like them, but I know you wouldn't insist in telling them to me if you didn't think I did. So this must be my fault, and I ask you to forgive me." There was sarcasism dripping on every word and he knew it.

He just stood there stunned and embarassed. Then he said very sheepishly, "I'm sorry Georgia. Please forgive me."

I smiled and since he had gotten my point, I said "sure, no problem." It stopped and the friendship survived. Would I have mentioned it to her if he hadn't stopped? Nope. I would have faded into the background though with the friendship.

JJ

#69654 - 05/21/05 08:18 PM Re: Friends husband a Flirt....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These guys aside,
Do you think some men are clueless that they are "overfriendly"..and misconstrued as "flirting"?
My husband is like that. He is very handsome, and VERY nice.
=========================
Sure do Danita! But I'm geting ahead of myself.

First Question. What do you ladies actually define as flirting. Now be really careful here because any condemnation of the guys will be thrown back in your faces. I've waded through hundreds of forums where married ladies call their flirting harmlesss, healthey, and can't understand what their husbands get upset about. This flirting can range from whistling at joggers in the park opposite, right through to almost dry humping a total stranger in the middle of the dance floor.

Second Question
Forget the clueless husbands. How many women see friendliness,(not overfriendliness by any means) or even common courtesy, as flirting. I've had that happen to me several times.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved