The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#164075 - 10/30/08 01:42 AM Should I . . .
MustangGal
Unregistered

tell the stable owner that I'm moving my horse (when I do move him)? He's been a real horses patooty in that he's dishonest, only allows horses water access half the day, used my personal belongings, not allowed access to restrooms (only to the high dollar horse owners), asks questions of a sexual nature none of his business, yells and curses at me, threatening inuendos, and last night when I went to blanket my horse b/c its below freezing and he has not allowed my horse access to a run-in or shelter (as he promised us pasture boarders for several months) he denied me access and said I'm not allowed on the farm after 6:30 PM or when its dark (whichever is sooner) - this is a new rule to me, and that I'd have to change my work hours to see my horse on week days! He was rude, not a gentleman. Oh I'm just so upset and worried about my horse, I don't get off work until 6:00 and it takes 45 minutes to get home. I'm looking at another stable this weekend and if I like, will move him ASAP where he can have winter shelter, access to water 24-hours daily, appropriate winter feed (to include beet pulp for winter), etc.

Yet, I don't trust him b/c he knows where I live and would not put it past him to stop by during the day and damage something. I'm being 'nice' and when I do decide and find the right place with an opening, I will, I will not tell the other boarders, yet should I tell him? I'm so upset I want him to wonder why a horse is missing and let him worry for a bit.

Arrgghhhhhh.

#164091 - 10/30/08 01:33 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Maybe you shouldn't tell him 'til after the fact - long after and when your horse has settled - esp. if this guy knows where you live and you think it might pose some problems. You better be safe, girl! I don't know if you can register a complaint with your local authorities, based on what you've shared with us, but it might not hurt to have something recorded, in the event...

#164105 - 10/30/08 03:45 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: gims]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Mustang Gal, I would write a brief, business-like letter advising him that you no longer require his services. Then I would go get the horse, take it to it's new location, then mail the letter certified, return receipt requested.

I think he does need to be notified, only so that you won't be charged more boarding fees. That's why it needs to be in writing. If you take your horse and don't notifiy him, and he spends time looking for it, then I think you would be open to even more retaliation. Not that any should happen, of course, but the more ticked he is the more likely it would be.

Just keep it business-like, and don't stoop to his level. You know, another thought just occurred to me. If you really feel threatened, you can have your local sheriff go out with you and stand by while you remove your horse. They do that all the time when people split up and one doesn't feel safe going back for their things.

#164106 - 10/30/08 04:22 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You know you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in your area. He has to have some sort of license to operate his business. While you are doing that, you might ask if there have been any other complaints against him.

I'd be getting my horse out of there. Just be careful that you are safe. Those kind of people you just can't trust. DD's idea of taking th sheriff with you to get the horse might be a great idea.
www.tidedancer.com

#164126 - 10/30/08 05:38 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Another reason to notify 'after the fact'... in case he thinks of doing something to your horse, for whatever reason. I like the idea of taking the sheriff with you, too... that would generate a written record of 'why' too, I think.

#164179 - 10/30/08 11:21 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mustang before doing anything move the horse and then and only then, contact the humane Society and any other animal rights group you can and lodge a formal complaint. There is an activist group for horses headed by Linda Blair of Hollywood fame that really fight for horses rights all across the country. Good Luck!.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165143 - 11/10/08 03:07 AM Re: Should I . . . [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Ok, I moved Maverick yesterday and we rode bareback in the arena and spent some time together familiarizing ourselves with our 'new home.' Everyone is very nice and down-to-earch.

We rode again today in the arena and I met a few more folks and stayed for the evening feed.

Tnanks for ya'lls caring thoughts, advice, and for 'listening'.

I'll update again afer we've settled more.

Oh, I told the 'previous' stable owner at 6:00 PM when I delivered to him the board fee for the 1st week of November. Told him I wanted my horse to have winter shelter and had an opportunity I could not pass up! That was that. He knows where I live and was the foreman when I had my house built. Since he's out of work, hope he doesn't try to damage my property!

#165147 - 11/10/08 03:50 AM Re: Should I . . . [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
That's great that you found a new home for Maverick.
Oh I envy you for riding bareback. That is something I have never done. It must be a wonderful feeling. Pure nature!

#165200 - 11/10/08 06:26 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So glad Maverick is going to have a warm and dry winter too. That makes all the difference for your and his peace of mind. Bareback huh? Just like Annie Oakley...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#173022 - 01/29/09 05:57 PM Re: Should I . . . [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

We're both doing fine at the new farm, which is 12 miles from my home. He has a run-in to get out of the elements if he wants. I can visit anytime I want and use the bathroom! They blanket and remove as necessary, weather depending. He's fed very well and also given vitamins. We ride in the arena and have been out on three (3) trail rides! We trailer and convoy the horses to another farm or to hunt counrty. I really like the ladies and was even invited to the Christmas Party! A very nice atmosphere. The only cons are that there are no trails on that farm and limited pasture space. However, one may cross the road to trails in warmer weather - yet the traffic is very heavy and fast on that road. I enjoy the ladies and one is a pastor, thus a safe, learning, stimulating, and friendly environment. I'm there every Sat/Sun and 2X weekly. If the weather is bad, I still keep my schedule even if to groom and hang out with my fella. The stable management is wonderful.

Today, received a call from the stable of which I've been on a waiting list for over 8 months! They finally have an opening for pasture board and is only 7 miles from my home with riding trails (3 miles worth) and arena! They will also blanket and remove in inclement weather; however, do not have winter shelter from the elements. The lady that owns this stable is fickle and does not keep her word. My farrier has had similar problems with her. I'd prefer this stable b/c of the trails, pasture, and location; yet don't trust the management. Also, not to sure I want to move him again. I really like the gals at my current location. So, guess we'll be staying put.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved