The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89698 - 09/29/06 12:38 PM empty nest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Our dog is so confused without all the kids being around. I wish I could explain to her what's going on.

The first night all the kids were gone, and my husband along with them (He left with our youngest to drive. I was flying to meet them the next day.)

I was getting ready to call it a night and I couldn't find Kelly. I searched high and low, went outside and called her, and still no Kelly. I freaked thinking she had a heart attack and was lying dead in the house.

I came in and went through every room, looking under beds and in all her hiding spots. No luck.

I went back outside and there she was lying at the foot of the driveway waiting for someone, anyone to come home. She wouldn't come when I called her. I had to go get her and bring her in the house. The poor thing.

She has been very clingy. I feel so sorry for her.

Have your dogs done this type of thing when your kids moved out? She's pathetic.

#89699 - 09/29/06 02:53 PM Re: empty nest
auntiebear Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Poor Kelly, she's waiting for her pack to come home!

"There is only one success...to be able to spend your life in your own way..."~~Christopher Morley

~I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get~

#89700 - 09/29/06 04:13 PM Re: empty nest [Re: auntiebear]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My grandkids spent a couple of weeks here this summer, most of it in the pool. Our yorkie, Maria, has always been a little reluctant to get in the pool, but with the kids she had no choice. They threw her in and out and splashed her and generally wore her out. After the first day, she was jumping in the pool and splashing with the best of them.

Usually she takes a nap or two every day, but the kids were having too much fun she just skipped the nap and at night she collapsed in bed with them.

When they left, she kept going to the pool and to the bedroom to look for them. When she saw they weren't there, she would just mope for a while. She was so sad, we had to take her to visit.

She has recovered enough to play with Mom who has been here a week or so, but when those kids come, she goes crazy with happiness.

Kids! Dogs! I guess they just go togetehr.
smile

#89701 - 09/29/06 05:13 PM Re: empty nest [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How true that is Smile....Some of us never realize how much our pets love us and how they pine for us when we aren't there. They have such huge hearts for such tiny creatures and never be fooled, those hearts are filled with nothing but unconditional love for us, their people. Dotsie give her as much attention as you can right now, its all you can do. Thats the main reason I always have 2 of whatever pet I own, it helps during times like these.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89702 - 09/29/06 07:39 PM Re: empty nest [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I am giving her lots of attention. She is always by my side now that the kids are gone. She follows me all day long, and then follows Ross when he is home.

Smile, my paarents has Yorkies and now my brother does. They are the cutest little things, expecially when they have bows in their hair!

Chatty, my MIL always said you had to have two of everything. I guess I'm too selfish to let my dog have a live-in!

#89703 - 09/30/06 01:07 AM Re: empty nest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Try a kitten Dotsie, far less mess and they will bond. My son replaced his 23 year old cat that he had put down with a tiny little stray kitten and the four year old pit bull, Prince and his Mastiff, Sophie now a year old, just love her to death and take all her sillyness. She sleeps on the Pit Bulls head.

Edited by chatty lady (09/30/06 01:08 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89704 - 10/02/06 04:38 PM Re: empty nest [Re: auntiebear]
sawjja Offline

Loc: Texas
Gosh I am a dog lover as well. I have 3 precious dogs. One of my dogs is a collie like Lassie. She herds my grandkids everywhere.She is always so excited to see them. Kelly must have been very bonded with them.Poor sweet darlin. I am glad she has you,I know you will comfort her greatly.. Sawjja

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved