The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 222 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82884 - 07/16/06 10:23 PM My Bunnie is gone.
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I put a dozen eggs on to boil today. Then I left for a couple of hours. I didn't think anything about the eggs until I walked in the door. My house was full of smoke. I grabbed the bird cage with Bunnie in it and took her outside. She lasted only a minute or two.I thought she was going to make it.
I am so angry with myself. I cannot believe that I didn't think about those eggs at anytime while I was out.I am angry because I rescued that little bird only to end up having her die at my doing. I am so sad that I cannot think about anything else.
I was going to check on Buddy, my dog, about an hour before that and realizd I hadn't been gone that long so I decided against it. He had food, water and cool shelter.
I am so distraught. That little bird meant a lot to us. We loved her and she knew it.I don't know how to express what I am feeling. It hurts.
Thanks for listening...
chick

#82885 - 07/16/06 11:26 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: chickadee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Chick: I am so so sorry to hear about what happened. What kind of bird was Bunnie? It could be a wrong time to say it but, it could have been worse. You could have had a fire. Thank goodness that you got there in the nick of time and did not.

#82886 - 07/17/06 12:55 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: Lola]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh chick, I'm so terribly sorry but sometimes, life comes at us and we just forget. I know how horrible you feel and all I can say is please don't beat up on yourself and find another bird to adopt or buy. I've had some near identical things happen in my home that could have killed Sammie. Life today is just so hectic. I know this doesn't help but please know how sorry I am. And, Lola is right. My daughter's house burned to the ground while she had stepped across the street and forgot about something cooking on the stove. She lost her bird in the fire. I'm really, really sorry.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82887 - 07/17/06 01:38 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: Dianne]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chick, I'm so sorry to hear about your bird. My heart aches for you.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82888 - 07/17/06 02:33 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahhhh honey, I'm so sorry. Words won't get you to the place you need to be, but if hugs will, you have them. We've all done things that we wish we could take back or do-over and although we know it can't be, we can be comforted in the fact that the Bible says, for every thing there is a season....

Sending love and hugs your way, JJ

#82889 - 07/17/06 02:45 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh my! I am so sorry. Those darn eggs. I did that a couple months ago and fortunately one of the kids was home and noticed.

I know you are heart broken about BUnnie, but try to count your blessings that the house didn't catch on fire. I know that sounds weak, but it could have been worse. Did your smoke alarms go off?

#82890 - 07/17/06 10:41 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Words seem meaningless at a time like this. May I send you love, prayer, understanding and hopefully a bit of comfort. Accidents happen....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82891 - 07/18/06 01:16 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: chatty lady]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chick,
I'm sending hugs your way!
We all make mistakes sometimes that's what makes us human. Don't be too hard on yourself.

#82892 - 07/19/06 04:21 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: TVC15]
Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett Offline

Loc: North Georgia Mountains
Chick, I'm so sorry too about Bunnie. Don't be too hard on yourself, you gave that little bird a good life, as my son used to say "It's all good" some how. Hugs, Betsie

#82893 - 07/19/06 05:01 PM Re: My Bunnie is gone. [Re: Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Chick, I feel your pain as I lost my little dog one month ago. Words won't help, but know I'm sending hugs your way.

Love, Sherri
www.christianstoryteller.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved