The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68623 - 01/25/06 09:45 PM I finally reserved a puppy!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
We made the final decision about getting a Golden Retriever pup! Aspen will be be born to Reba and Moses around March 10th. and we will be going to pick her up around May 5th. That gives us plenty of time to get ready for her arrival. It's like expecting a baby, but I'm not getting more stretch marks (although I have been feeling queasy in the morning!)I sent the family a deposit via Paypal (it is so 21st. century)and they will be emailing us pictures periodically. They are a big Christian family and they raise the pups as their own. They get 2 sets of shots, they are dewormed, housebroken (yay!) and checked thoroughly by a vet, especially their hips. They also give you 2 days after pick up to have them checked by your own vet and if anything is wrong, they will replace or refund.
I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!
If anyone wants to check our their website, it's:
www.sixthdayranch.com

#68624 - 01/25/06 10:01 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh my gosh, they are darling. I bet your arms are aching to hold her. Congrats new mommy.

#68625 - 01/25/06 10:04 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oh...how absolutly precious. Nothing like the smell of a puppy. They are sooooo cute.

#68626 - 01/25/06 10:11 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Bluebird Offline

Would you believe I'm 46+ years old and I've never had a puppy??? Except when my own dog (adopted from a shelter as a full grown dog) had several litters. But of course, I never got to keep any of them. What I remember most about having them just born, is what my friend and I used to call "puppy breath". It is a unique smell to new, little puppies. Must be from the
breast milk.
I can't wait to go shopping for her little bowls and her collar and leash!!

#68627 - 01/25/06 10:28 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Not sure what the smell is but...it's wonderful.
During childhood I had dogs, but, we moved so much I never got to keep any.

That's different now...Bridgett has been with me since she was a puppy, she is now 12. They just get closer and closer to your heart.

They have the cutest rhinestone collars... (pink no less) at PetSmart...saw them the other day.

#68628 - 01/25/06 11:15 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
ladybug Offline

My neighbor has two golden retrievers named Buddy and Joe. They are the sweetest, gentlest dogs and a perfect choice for you Bluebird.

Did you choose a name yet?

[ January 25, 2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#68629 - 01/25/06 11:56 PM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Bluebird Offline

Her full AKC name will be Aspen Gold, but we will call her Aspen.

[ January 25, 2006, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#68630 - 01/26/06 12:14 AM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Bluebird Offline

Brenda, we don't have a Petsmart or Petco anywhere near us. When I was in NY last week, we stopped at a Petco and saw all those fancy collars! I'm not really the pink rhinestone type myself. I will be on the look out for something more southwestern, preferably handmade. I'm sure in my town, I won't have a problem!

#68631 - 01/26/06 12:52 AM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Congratulations Bluebird! They are beautiful pups and I'm sure you will have a new bestgirlfriend!

I bought Daisy's collar (daisys of course) from a website called Waggytails. They are leather and have different types of metal thingies on them, such as flowers, flags, hearts, bones. You can get the leather in many colors. Daisy has the black leather with colored flowers - she is the diva.

I was at the petstore one day and a couple had their baby boxer there. They were having a disagreement because the wife wanted a rinestone collar, but the guy wanted a more dog-like collar. She was a rescue dog and had been mistreated, but now was lucky enough to have her owners arguing over her "outfit".

Daisygirl

#68632 - 01/26/06 12:55 AM Re: I finally reserved a puppy!!
Bluebird Offline

Cool! Thanks, Daisy. Going to check out Waggytails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved